The New Raith Rovers Thread

We've played 2 games of this season's campaign and already the moaners and boo boys (wouldn't justify calling them fans) are out there giving it laldy! What ever happened to supporting your team? God knows why anyone would want to sign for the Rovers given the amount of unjustified crap thats shouted at the players if they misplace a pass or don't have a good game. Reality check required by a lotta folk, get behind the team and support them we've got a long way to go till the end of the season, no easy games, no teams willing to lie down and let us beat them. We lost a game to Dunfermline, so what, get over it and move on :huh:

So to summarise, just pay your money you non-fans; sing a bit; don't criticise the poor wee players or manager, no matter what's happening on the pitch; and don't expect to win games against lower league opposition. Sounds reasonable.

I'll try and shout the odd word of encouragement on Saturday as long as the players entertain me. If they score a goal I may even get carried away and sing "come on you Raith" a couple of times.

Eric Drysdale stated on the meet the board thing on Raith TV that 5 year plans are a lot of Tosh and we only plan for one season at a time.

When we were in the 3rd Division and Jim Chapman took over he stated he had a five year plan to get us to the 1st Division (this division). Exactly 5 years later here we were. Chapman was sacked 2 years before that and we fluked it a bit (a lot in Arbroath) but there you go.

How long is Murray's contract?

2016. Plenty time to take us down to League 2...

Bit strange that the club have given him a 2 year contract but state that they don't plan beyond a year. Surely a bit contradictory? I'd have thought Murray, if he knows he's in the job for more than a year, would put forward his vision of where he thinks he can take Raith over the time they've told him he'll be in charge?

Bit strange that the club have given him a 2 year contract but state that they don't plan beyond a year. Surely a bit contradictory? I'd have thought Murray, if he knows he's in the job for more than a year, would put forward his vision of where he thinks he can take Raith over the time they've told him he'll be in charge?

Feeling is, that the contract award was a bit knee jerk on the back of an 18 game unbeaten streak in the first half of last year.

That's the weird thing. Murray, largely with mcGlynn's last (quite limited) side in his first year had us playing some decent stuff overall, and then re-jigged the squad and for the first half of last season had us playing really well before the nightmare after christmas from last season. Had our performances been more evenly spread (i.e. not an 18 game unbeaten streak before winning 3 in 20) he might not be under the pressure he is now. As it is, he's managing us on the back of an unrelenting six month shit streak.

I think the contact extension was offered just after we beat Annan in the Challenge Cup semi final and during that period we were doing relatively well in the league. He was clearly the cheapest option once McGlynn left and if you've heard some of Murray's post match interviews he gives the impression he's terrified to say anything negative and runs off the usual cliche patter. As paranoid as it'll sound it really feels like there's some background influence on Murray being in charge ie the board filling his head that as long as the club remain in the league then it really doesn't matter how we play and if it means scraping by in 8th place by a baw hair then it's seen as a successful season. The club released a 4 part video on RaithTV which consisted of the board and management staff sitting down and talking about the vision of the club and it's aims and whilst it was all seen as positive chin wag you could argue it had an effect on season ticket sales going well shortly after the video was released online. A few Cowden fans calls it right though, basically stuff the fans 'wanted' to hear and a board members final words being "please buy a season ticket" - or words to that effect. We're all apparently keyboard warriors in the eyes of Turnbull so people going off their tits on here, FanTalk and Facebook probably won't have any effect on the board contemplating on stepping in should results not go our way when the season starts. It's all very concerning as we've seen time and time again that Murray just isn't up to the task at hand either by games last season or games thus far. If there's one thing I will give him credit for I really do think he's got a knack at bringing in players that are good enough or at least capable of allowing us to compete in the league. It's just Murray seems unable to get the best out of them or really know what he's doing when we're under the cosh. We were unfortunate that last night we had 5 first team players unavailable who could have made a difference but when injuries and suspensions hit, especially if one of them is Nade, then we're fucked. Or in the words of Tommy from Snatch - "proper fucked".

We booed back in August before the season had begun

Cause we drew with Forfar and we lost to Dunfermlun

We booed home at stark’s park when we f****d Dumbarton well

So bring out the Rovers and we’ll boo them as well

Boo boo, wherever you may sit

We are don’t like murray and we think his team are sh!t

We’ll follow you, and boo you where you go

And moan online about the status quo

(repeat)

Courtesy of Stelios. A far better songwriter than I.

Edited by renton

We booed back in August before the season had begun

Cause we drew with Forfar and we lost to Dunfermlun

We booed home at stark’s park when we f****d Dumbarton well

So bring out the Rovers and we’ll boo them as well

Boo boo, wherever you may sit

We are don’t like murray and we think his team are sh!t

We’ll follow you, and boo you where you go

And moan online about the status quo

(repeat)

Courtesy of Stelios. A far better songwriter than I.

What tune do we sing those lyrics to?

Will there be a singing section?

What tune do we sing those lyrics to?

Will there be a singing section?

Lord of the Dance and no, but there will be a booing section for families and a FUUUUUCKININNGGGBOOOOOOOoooooo section for everyone else.

Lord of the Dance and no, but there will be a booing section for families and a FUUUUUCKININNGGGBOOOOOOOoooooo section for everyone else.

Good. Singing is too much effort and nobody knows the fucking words anyway. Better with a good booing session.

Good to see we are still thinking of the children and families. I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

...Nonce!

In seriousness, we are really thin on the ground for decent songs that everyone knows - Geordie Munro, a few rounds of Come on You Raith, then...?

Fucking boooooo it is then.

Edited by Scary Bear

We've played 2 games of this season's campaign and already the moaners and boo boys (wouldn't justify calling them fans) are out there giving it laldy! What ever happened to supporting your team? God knows why anyone would want to sign for the Rovers given the amount of unjustified crap thats shouted at the players if they misplace a pass or don't have a good game. Reality check required by a lotta folk, get behind the team and support them we've got a long way to go till the end of the season, no easy games, no teams willing to lie down and let us beat them. We lost a game to Dunfermline, so what, get over it and move on :huh:[/qu

Everyone entitled to their own opinion. Would agree with you IF Murray had just been in charge for two games or these two games had come off the back of a successful run. But this is not the case and the performances and results have been consistently awful since December last year. These awful performances being due to basic issues and happening week in week out without being resolved.

The games last year against Cowdenbeath & Dumbarton are clear examples of Raith (Murray) not doing the basics and what the basics are, as Cowden & Dumbarton displayed.

Need to face facts that Murray being a good player and nice guy does not make him a manager. Now is the time to change - whole season ahead, opportunity to coach players and address basic flaws or sign others. Not 6 games into season or at Christmas when we are floundering adrift at bottom of league, clueless and demotivated.

I always enjoy the 'keyboard warrior' stuff, as if the majority of fans who say we're fucking shite on here wouldn't say that to Turnbull's face. We are fucking shite. The only people hiding are the board and Murray as there is no open channel of communication - so here we all are, mumping and moaning about people mumping and moaning about us mumping and moaning. Boooooo.

A five year plan is up there with the "20 goal a season striker" and "creative midfielder" shouts that always come when things are going wrong. Let's not resort to that. Projections are a waste of time, even more so in the random world of football.

I thought I'd have softened up by now as I recall chuckling a few weeks ago that people would be calling for Murray's head if we lost to Dumbarton, and thinking how silly it'd be. Yet here we are and it doesn't seem silly at all. I wanted him out last season (THREE WINS IN TWENTY) but going into summer I decided to back him and the club, bought a season ticket, etc. But I just don't see any evidence we've improved at all. Indeed we appear to have gone backwards. Somehow.

Talk of organised protest is absolutely pathetic. Yes, we were hopeless last season, and nobody was a stronger critic than I. And this season has been horrible so far - friendlies or not we had some concerning performances, League One Forfar completely matched us at home and we've been dominated by League One Dunfermline in a cup we won last season. It's an awful start. But ultimately we're through in the League Cup, and out of a cup that is mostly a waste of time. No disaster yet. Give it a few games into the league season, have a mini-evaluation after Cowdenbeath at the end of the month, and a fuller one after we play Queen of the South in October. We haven't lost anything yet except a home tie with Falkirk that we're probably all happy to avoid in reality. I'm not saying I don't want Murray out per se, but he's not going on Saturday regardless of result, and probably nor should he really given we didn't sack him at the end of the season - it's not quite a new page, but he will be given a little time this time around.

However if Gary Glen doesn't start on Saturday I for one will chain myself to the Main Stand, and I hope to see others follow.

Edited by Paco

I always enjoy the 'keyboard warrior' stuff, as if the majority of fans who say we're fucking shite on here wouldn't say that to Turnbull's face. We are fucking shite. The only people hiding are the board and Murray as there is no open channel of communication - so here we all are, mumping and moaning about people mumping and moaning about us mumping and moaning. Boooooo.

A five year plan is up there with the "20 goal a season striker" and "creative midfielder" shouts that always come when things are going wrong. Let's not resort to that. Projections are a waste of time, even more so in the random world of football.

I thought I'd have softened up by now as I recall chuckling a few weeks ago that people would be calling for Murray's head if we lost to Dumbarton, and thinking how silly it'd be. Yet here we are and it doesn't seem silly at all. I wanted him out last season (THREE WINS IN TWENTY) but going into summer I decided to back him and the club, bought a season ticket, etc. But I just don't see any evidence we've improved at all. Indeed we appear to have gone backwards. Somehow.

Talk of organised protest is absolutely pathetic. Yes, we were hopeless last season, and nobody was a stronger critic than I. And this season has been horrible so far - friendlies or not we had some concerning performances, League One Forfar completely matched us at home and we've been dominated by League One Dunfermline in a cup we won last season. It's an awful start. But ultimately we're through in the League Cup, and out of a cup that is mostly a waste of time. No disaster yet. Give it a few games into the league season, have a mini-evaluation after Cowdenbeath at the end of the month, and a fuller one after we play Queen of the South in October. We haven't lost anything yet except a home tie with Falkirk that we're probably all happy to avoid in reality. I'm not saying I don't want Murray out per se, but he's not going on Saturday regardless of result, and probably nor should he really given we didn't sack him at the end of the season - it's not quite a new page, but he will be given a little time this time around.

However if Gary Glen doesn't start on Saturday I for one will chain myself to the Main Stand, and I hope to see others follow.

^^^^^Paco advertising for S&M

Season hasn't yet begun but you guys go on and really get behind the team. People behind the scenes are all out trying to encourage more people to attend the games and therefore make money for the club and all you guys can think about is lets protest, boo the players, get the manager out - what is it that you do to encourage new punters, cause that mindset certainly won't. There are some so called fans who really need to have a think about why they 'support' the Rovers :wacko:

Season hasn't yet begun but you guys go on and really get behind the team. People behind the scenes are all out trying to encourage more people to attend the games and therefore make money for the club and all you guys can think about is lets protest, boo the players, get the manager out - what is it that you do to encourage new punters, cause that mindset certainly won't. There are some so called fans who really need to have a think about why they 'support' the Rovers :wacko:

You must be on the wind up.

The people behind the scenes who are out trying to encourage fans along are on ahiding to nothing when Murray is incapable of putting out a team that will put in a decent performance.

We would get people back if the product was decent and they were being entertained.

Being a supporter of the club doesn't mean you sit idly by smiling and clapping like all is well in the world when you can see it is not.

Now away and fish somewhere else.

Please provide some tangible evidence as to why Grant Murray should remain in charge. Please also ensure the clichéd phrases 'have faith' and 'trust the manager' do not appear anywhere in your reply.

We are awful and have got the results we deserve - THAT isn't going to encourage even those who attend regularly to attend. I doubt a shed load of moaning can discourage people any more than that.

Please provide some tangible evidence as to why Grant Murray should remain in charge. Please also ensure the clichéd phrases 'have faith' and 'trust the manager' do not appear anywhere in your reply.

We are awful and have got the results we deserve - THAT isn't going to encourage even those who attend regularly to attend. I doubt a shed load of moaning can discourage people any more than that.

Grant Murray should stay in charge as it means we'll finish above you this season. Have faith and trust him. Cheers.