The New Raith Rovers Thread

As long as Murray stays put you'll have much more to worry about.

Aw here comes Cowden fan that is obsessed with all things Rovers. It really is good to see other fans being concerned about our club. Really great to see.

Why shouldn't they be? Surely favourites for the drop but if we don't sort ourselves out then we could be the side that helps them most in staying up again. Worrying but at this moment in time a harsh reality.

Relegation also means putting up with that bawbag VikingMong in the seaside forum next season, shudders.

Why shouldn't they be? Surely favourites for the drop but if we don't sort ourselves out then we could be the side that helps them most in staying up again. Worrying but at this moment in time a harsh reality.

Relegation also means putting up with that bawbag VikingMong in the seaside forum next season, shudders.

So your saying on the evidence of TWO competive games that we are favourites for the drop?

Some of you have completely overreacted to this. I'm actually amazed. Fine shoot me down if we do end up relegated. But that thought doesn't usually come in to my mind in bloody August. Give yourself a shake man. And some of the others while your at it. As I've previously stated, I'm far from a happy clapper, but the complete overreaction over this whole week is nothing short of an embarrassment.

Don't get me wrong, we were second best on Tuesday by a long way, and I thought we were infuriatingly guff, but this kind of "ridiculous losing to a League One" team chat is a bit disingenuous.

Aye, it's technically true, but that Dunfermine squad will absolutely run away with that League this season, in fact, if you look as their squad, it's certainly better than Alloa's, Cowdenbeath's, Dumbarton's and Livingston's. I hate to say it, but it's arguably better than ours too.

We lost to a better team on Tuesday night, but it's a side that is a lot stronger than quite a few others that we'll face this season.

Don't get me wrong, we were second best on Tuesday by a long way, and I thought we were infuriatingly guff, but this kind of "ridiculous losing to a League One" team chat is a bit disingenuous.

Aye, it's technically true, but that Dunfermine squad will absolutely run away with that League this season, in fact, if you look as their squad, it's certainly better than Alloa's, Cowdenbeath's, Dumbarton's and Livingston's. I hate to say it, but it's arguably better than ours too.

We lost to a better team on Tuesday night, but it's a side that is a lot stronger than quite a few others that we'll face this season.

I really didn't think they were that much better than last year. I think its more a case of us regressing rather than them progressing much.

I really didn't think they were that much better than last year. I think its more a case of us regressing rather than them progressing much.

Absolutely, we are getting worse. According to the management and BoD everything is good. As long as the money comes from Sevco, Hearts and Hibs. f**k the fans, we're the hindrance in the grand scheme of things. We'll get pumped royally most of the time when those teams come to town, but money talks eh Turnbull.

News paper talk saying Hill will be out for another 6-8 Weeks and Moon/Barr wont be fit to feature this weekend ... Curious if Bert will go with Fox/Scott again or bother his rear end to give Callaghan a start, personally i would go with the latter ...

News paper talk saying Hill will be out for another 6-8 Weeks and Moon/Barr wont be fit to feature this weekend ... Curious if Bert will go with Fox/Scott again or bother his rear end to give Callaghan a start, personally i would go with the latter ...

Depends on what system he wants to play. Callachan in a midfield two will give you the same problems as having Fox in there. In Fox's case it's a lack of pace to keep up with the guys running through, with Callachan it's poor positional sense - he's got a good physicality to his play, decent pace and good engine on him, but he's never where he's meant to be, he's like Davo in that respect. His best games last year were when he was playing out right or as a free role in a 3 man midfield. Playing him instead of Fox in a two man central midfield won't (for my money at least) solve the problem of our central midfield leaking like a sieve.

Depends on what system he wants to play. Callachan in a midfield two will give you the same problems as having Fox in there. In Fox's case it's a lack of pace to keep up with the guys running through, with Callachan it's poor positional sense - he's got a good physicality to his play, decent pace and good engine on him, but he's never where he's meant to be, he's like Davo in that respect. His best games last year were when he was playing out right or as a free role in a 3 man midfield. Playing him instead of Fox in a two man central midfield won't (for my money at least) solve the problem of our central midfield leaking like a sieve.

Yeah i definitely agree with that to be fair ! As much as like you say, he has a good engine on him, i do notice he sometimes runs around a bit "headless" as opposed to just sitting with his man ... Really until Moon is fit we don't really have a winning situation, i'd just hope Callaghan would be a bit more hungrier than Fox if/when he gets his game time to prove what he can do !

Yeah i definitely agree with that to be fair ! As much as like you say, he has a good engine on him, i do notice he sometimes runs around a bit "headless" as opposed to just sitting with his man ... Really until Moon is fit we don't really have a winning situation, i'd just hope Callaghan would be a bit more hungrier than Fox if/when he gets his game time to prove what he can do !

I suppose we could try 4-3-3: Stick Callachan in the midfield with Fox and Scott, play Stewart up closer to Nade with Elliot in behind?

We'd likely get killed down the flanks, and it wouldn't lead to pretty football, but at least we'd impose ourselves in the middle of the park....

I'd far rather that we fired in Callachan and tried to get him more experience as a covering midfield on a temporary basis. Fox was utterly slaughtered on Tuesday night by the pace of the game. Callachan is the complete opposite type of player. In terms of centre midfielders, it's a truly shit cliche to fall back on but Callachan works hard and it makes him a fantastic asset. I think he's got fantastic potential, especially if he stops hitting the woodwork with shots.

At the end of the day, we won't see our completed midfield until either Barr or Moon come back. Both have exceptional defensive qualities yet can still offer going forward. Until that time, we'll have to make do.

I suppose we could try 4-3-3: Stick Callachan in the midfield with Fox and Scott, play Stewart up closer to Nade with Elliot in behind?

We'd likely get killed down the flanks, and it wouldn't lead to pretty football, but at least we'd impose ourselves in the middle of the park....

Conroy and Anderson won't be scratching their baws on the bench though. Even if Conroy seemed to be invisible at East End on Tuesday night...

Absolutely, we are getting worse. According to the management and BoD everything is good. As long as the money comes from Sevco, Hearts and Hibs. f**k the fans, we're the hindrance in the grand scheme of things. We'll get pumped royally most of the time when those teams come to town, but money talks eh Turnbull.

Wrong choice of word, otherwise I agree. You mean the fans' discontent is something the BoD would prefer to ignore and are now facing the likelyhood that they'll have to do something soon to appease it, which they'd rather avoid.

I said before that they care feck all about us fans apart from our money. All that shite about a bigger squad was all about season ticket sales, a cynical PR stunt. I wasnt fooled. Now we have all the howling about the state of the team and the management, but the few of us who warned about it were bawled down. This is what I posted posted on May 27th to derision:

"Hutton has just tacitly admitted that the fans are no more than a source of income, and their concerns mean feck all. You baztards can dream on, but the club you adore doesnt give a f**k about you past the gate money.

And to all you dozy kunts on here wandering in dream land...

Dream on suckers, there's gold at the end of the season rainbow :)"

So, enjoy your season, you fools deserve it.

Wrong choice of word, otherwise I agree. You mean the fans' discontent is something the BoD would prefer to ignore and are now facing the likelyhood that they'll have to do something soon to appease it, which they'd rather avoid.

I said before that they care feck all about us fans apart from our money. All that shite about a bigger squad was all about season ticket sales, a cynical PR stunt. I wasnt fooled. Now we have all the howling about the state of the team and the management, but the few of us who warned about it were bawled down. This is what I posted posted on May 27th to derision:

"Hutton has just tacitly admitted that the fans are no more than a source of income, and their concerns mean feck all. You baztards can dream on, but the club you adore doesnt give a f**k about you past the gate money.

And to all you dozy kunts on here wandering in dream land...

Dream on suckers, there's gold at the end of the season rainbow :)"

So, enjoy your season, you fools deserve it.

Big Berk knew.