The New Raith Rovers Thread

I love this suggestion that Turnbull Hutton et al are in it for the money. It literally doesn't make any sense. At all. It's just such a warped world view, that doesn't stand up to any logical questioning or reasoning.

At least the JFK conspiracy theorists can point to the Three Tramps, and the guys who harp on about the Moon Landings have the flutter of the flag, but this is just nonsense without even the illusion of evidence.

I love this suggestion that Turnbull Hutton et al are in it for the money. It literally doesn't make any sense. At all. It's just such a warped world view, that doesn't stand up to any logical questioning or reasoning.

At least the JFK conspiracy theorists can point to the Three Tramps, and the guys who harp on about the Moon Landings have the flutter of the flag, but this is just nonsense without even the illusion of evidence.

Shite. What drivel you write. We didnt anywhere say or suggest Turnbull et al were in it for the money. We're saying the club's interest in the fans doesnt go any further than our pockets. They care feck all what we think or how theyre short changing us so long as we're coming thru the turnstiles.

What other commercial enterprise continually dishes up a crap product and expects its loyal customers to keep paying up? They care feck all about the product they're offering, knowing we'll keep paying. They've dished up garbage since last year, promised improvement come season ticket time then showed us what contemptible basdards they are. Yes, this was all predicted aged ago. So you've all had to have a rethink. And maybe soon the club will have to be having a rethink too now that the true situation can no longer be hidden. RAT Machine, if you cant see the evidence you're the one on the moon.

Edited by Big Berk

To be fair, football fans are the definition of a mug punter - they keep going back regardless of what happens and are happy to pay for merchandise, tickets etc despite moaning like hell about the price of them. If ever there was a group of consumers who are continually fleeced, it's football fans.

This isn't confined to Raith Rovers, though.

To be fair, football fans are the definition of a mug punter - they keep going back regardless of what happens and are happy to pay for merchandise, tickets etc despite moaning like hell about the price of them. If ever there was a group of consumers who are continually fleeced, it's football fans.

This isn't confined to Raith Rovers, though.

Yes, but what club has tolerated Bert's incompetence for so long, and pretended there's nothing wrong, against the testimony of our eyes?

Shite. What drivel you write. We didnt anywhere say or suggest Turnbull et al were in it for the money. We're saying the club's interest in the fans doesnt go any further than our pockets. They care feck all what we think or how theyre short changing us so long as we're coming thru the turnstiles.

To what end, if not personal profit?

Yes, but what club has tolerated Bert's incompetence for so long, and pretended there's nothing wrong, against the testimony of our eyes?

Though I can't think of one off the top of my head, there will be many others out there.

I'm firmly in the 'Murray out' camp, but I can understand why he hasn't been punted. The board gave him a two year deal last season after a good start and obviously want to back their man (notwithstanding the fact it'll be costly to get rid of him).

Well, I didnt spell it out but that was the inference. As you say the went for the cheapest option (a guy with no management experience) who was already on the payroll and gave him a long contract after a run of results with someone else's team. Now, after possibly the worst league run in living memory (didnt even Anelka better it - someone come up with the data?) they were still assuring us that everything was fine and this season will be different. Now they'll be aware they'll likely be faced with either a fans revolt or have to pay him off.

Not long ago we heard the board saying how the loss of revenue from the Pars derbies due to their promotion made a serious dent in the club's finances. Now, by the same token we're having several big games against Rangers and the Edinburgh duo, along with tv cash, not to mention the increase in season ticket money, while squad costs have barely risen (so much for the 'big squad' we were promised). So there's no financial reason to keep Bert; in fact there's good financial reason to get rid of him if we seriously want to stay in this league, and there's still likely to be at least two big money games next season.

My suspicion is that the board have no more ambition than to merely survive in this league with the minimum of outlay, and they see in Bert the man for the job.

Edited by Big Berk

As for McKeown, he's played two competitive games!

If we're seeking replacements for players who have two shit games in a row we better hope that we have a very wealthy benefactor waiting in the wings somewhere.

Loan him back to Cowden.

You boys obviously don't remember his performance at Starks last season. Scored a cracker and caused you all kinds of problems.

Don't think there's a Cowden fan that wouldn't want him back.

He played well in the Championship last season so maybe your expectations are un-justifiably high?

He played well in the Championship last season so maybe your expectations are un-justifiably high?

That's what I reckon, we were spoilt last season with Callum Booth, and that's what we've set as the benchmarks for Mckeown. He's got pretty big boots to fill, and it's still far too early to tell if he's going to be up to it..

That's what I reckon, we were spoilt last season with Callum Booth, and that's what we've set as the benchmarks for Mckeown. He's got pretty big boots to fill, and it's still far too early to tell if he's going to be up to it..

As a left back he's not the best. As a wing-back he's far more effective. Good going forward and he had big Nat moving out left to help him at the back last season because we still had 2 left in the middle. His pace helped him out of a lot of shit as well.

You boys obviously don't remember his performance at Starks last season. Scored a cracker and caused you all kinds of problems.

To be honest I'd hazard a guess a lot of mediocre players probably looked good against us last season.

As for McKeown, he's played two competitive games!

If we're seeking replacements for players who have two shit games in a row we better hope that we have a very wealthy benefactor waiting in the wings somewhere.

The guy is useless. He can't retain possession and has zero positional sense. We would've been better off with Donaldson at left back and I wasn't his biggest fan.

The guy is useless. He can't retain possession and has zero positional sense. We would've been better off with Donaldson at left back and I wasn't his biggest fan.

Right that's enough of that. Reece Donaldson played football like he had one leg shorter than the other. What have you been smoking? Or drinking? Or both?

He may come good he may not. We had fans wanting us to sign him on £700pw. Madness.

I hope to god we're not paying him (or any of our squad) anything like that. If these guys are picking up £35k a year for being pretty much the worst full time exponents of their profession in the country there is something far wrong.

I hope to god we're not paying him (or any of our squad) anything like that. If these guys are picking up £35k a year for being pretty much the worst full time exponents of their profession in the country there is something far wrong.

That's a bit harsh mate. Have you forgotten the Morton players?

We've played two games!

You can absolutely say that in those two games he's underperformed, and that his positional sense and ball retention have been poor, but to say that he's 'useless' after two games is ludicrous, and an overreaction in the extreme.