The New Raith Rovers Thread

When did we become the new Arsenal ? Im not at all blaming management for our injuries problems, but now Perry is off injured to ... 1/2 of the team is on the sideline injured !!

Can only hope those picked up aren't long term. We k ow Barr is out for a while, not much known about Hill and now Perry is out. I'm very much unconvinced with Perry, but his absence leaves us with Laurie and Laurie only.

It's s bit less urgent elsewhere.

Happy at that ... I always said i was very much in the boat to give Murray a chance if we indeed beat Dumbarton, Alloa and Cowdung, even if it did mean losing to Hearts and Rangers (Although thats not actually happened yet obviously: I'd actually be hoping we can get riled up this time around and perhaps steal something !) ....

As disappointing as the Cup games have been (Dunf/Dundee) and that battering to Hearts, we are winning the league games we should be and can now hopefully focus on the league only ... Still wont get carried away as the bigger picture still doesnt look great E.G 9 wins in 35 or something, but its a step in the right direction ... Lets hope this time we build on this, starting Vs Gers !

On a serious note anyone know why smith has left ? Know he was only only part time but I hope they bring in someone with experience and a good coach and not just promote Ellis.

Getting rid of part of the management team can't be a bad thing. Promoting Ellis would be a major blunder though.

On a serious note anyone know why smith has left ? Know he was only only part time but I hope they bring in someone with experience and a good coach and not just promote Ellis.

The Party line.

http://www.raithrovers.net/16052/assistant-manager-and-head-of-youth-academy-resign.htm

Getting rid of part of the management team can't be a bad thing. Promoting Ellis would be a major blunder though.

Quite agree. A tactically knowledgeable elder statesman type, if such a likely candidate exists please. Knowing Rovers a promotion for Ellis is exactly what will happen.

While his reasons are entirely plausible, and most likely why he's resigned, the sceptic in me thinks there's more to it.

It's important for Grant to get an experienced number two in to aid his development as a manager. Maybe getting a new assistant in, with a different outlook on the game and new ideas could be the making of him as a manager.

I won't hold my breath, though..

Paul Smith runs a business called Stirling Fibre with his step-father which consumes most of his time through the week and from which he makes most of his money, the football was something he continued purely for the fun of it. We are looking to go back fully full-time obviously, and he can't make that commitment. That's really all there is to it.

Terry Butcher, Jimmy Calderwood? Both fit the bill in terms of experience. Would we want them? Would the come to us as a number 2? Not seriously suggesting them just starting to throw some names out there.