Snow!

xbl

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterday my girlfriend had a training day at her work cancelled, as the trainer was meant to be driving down from Ayr. As a result, we spent yesterday building a snowman and drinking wine. I love snow.

IMG_9464.jpg

Recycled his teeth as his buttons?

Work have e-mailed that we are open tomorrow. Think they might have jumped the gun a bit, snow is still falling pretty hard and there a good few feet on the ground, can't see the buses etc running anytime soon.

Went to the shop round the corner. Some old woman giving the staff shit because theres no newspapers. Some people are genuinely beyond belief.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterday my girlfriend had a training day at her work cancelled, as the trainer was meant to be driving down from Ayr. As a result, we spent yesterday building a snowman and drinking wine. I love snow.

IMG_9464.jpg

She's not conventionally good looking, how long have you known her?

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Work have e-mailed that we are open tomorrow. Think they might have jumped the gun a bit, snow is still falling pretty hard and there a good few feet on the ground, can't see the buses etc running anytime soon.

Went to the shop round the corner. Some old woman giving the staff shit because theres no newspapers. Some people are genuinely beyond belief.

My mum worked in Tesco in 97 when Diana died. Old folk were complaining like f**k the shop was opening late the day of the funeral.

Old folk really are a shower of Auld dicks. The referendum proved this

22 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My mum worked in Tesco in 97 when Diana died. Old folk were complaining like f**k the shop was opening late the day of the funeral.

For once the blue rinse brigade had a valid oint, as that is an utterly fucking ridiculous excuse to close a shop. 

Another line of Snowmageddon marching through the Central Belt to the Clyde Riviera at the moment, effortlessly trolling those who bothered to clear paths and roads this morning.

Edited by vikingTON

The following beggars belief tbh. Disregards advice and travels, takes nothing with her for the conditions, becomes terrified and loses her head while sitting in a car, on a major motorway with many other people around her, in a developed country, then appears to have felt relief akin to surviving nuclear war. I fully believe that she literally spoke the final statement aloud to herself.

I live in hope that in the next day or so a video appears on twitter involving someone sitting in their stationary car on the M80, clutching the wheel, tears and snotters galore with a snowball fight going on around them.

BBC news website:

Lesley Forster told BBC Scotland she had managed to get home after spending a "horrific" 18 hours on the M80 near Cumbernauld.

She left Edinburgh at 14:00 on Wednesday and got back to Mollinsburn, north of Glasgow, at 08:00.

'Had nothing with me'

Ms Forster said: "I had nothing with me. I had to use the water I had with me to put in to my window wipers. I was stuck for 18 hours and have never been so frightened in my life. It was freezing cold. I had a total meltdown.

"There were no snow ploughs or anything. A young lad came out of his house with a sled filled with water and a few bits of food - all he had in the house - and handed it out. I am so grateful to him.

"Once it started to get light and you could see everything round about you and you have got the reality of it, and were thinking: 'You are going to come out of this alive".

17 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Old folk really are a shower of Auld dicks. The referendum proved this

Agreed.

23 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My mum worked in Tesco in 97 when Diana died. Old folk were complaining like f**k the shop was opening late the day of the funeral

that was a fucking terrible day - entire league football programme cancelled

i had to go to watch some Kent Amateur League shite, just to get out of the house - tipped up with 1200 or so other blokes in the same boat; can't remember the team, Bearsted or similar - beat their previous record attendance by about 1135  :lol:

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

My work just posted on Facebook that it will be closed tomorrow.  Withing 3 minutes, this gets added as a comment.

image.png.8334d486f7f180a32a24f4663392c36d.png

You've posted that twice with the blacked out parts visible on the second one. Are you Kilt? (I've deleted the second one so it's not quoted when you fix it).

Just now, Rugster said:

You've posted that twice with the blacked out parts visible on the second one. Are you Kilt? (I've deleted the second one so it's not quoted when you fix it).

NO, I'm just your average Heidthebaw.  I've deleted on mine too, thanks for highlighting!

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

My work just posted on Facebook that it will be closed tomorrow.  Withing 3 minutes, this gets added as a comment.

image.png.8334d486f7f180a32a24f4663392c36d.png

I'm gonna guess:  McClung and Graham?   

Edited by PB 4.2

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

For once the blue rinse brigade had a valid oint, as that is an utterly fucking ridiculous excuse to close a shop. 

Another line of Snowmageddon marching through the Central Belt to the Clyde Riviera at the moment, effortlessly trolling those who bothered to clear paths and roads this morning.

Probably a good thing the shop was open in that anecdote, then.