Snow!

xbl

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Channel 5 right now has a programme called 'THE BIG FREEZE: Live which as you would imagine is comically hysterical and over the top

After 2 days :lol:!

Few years ago BBC repeated a feature called 'The Big Freeze' from 1963. I see it's on Youtube.

Seriously doubt people would cope with 2+ months of cold and snow nowadays:

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

After 2 days :lol:!

Few years ago BBC repeated a feature called 'The Big Freeze' from 1963. I see it's on Youtube.

Seriously doubt people would cope with 2+ months of cold and snow nowadays:

As if by magic it's on BBC4 at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

As if by magic it's on BBC4 at the moment.

Really :lol:? Think I probably saw it on the 50th anniversary - they had the chap from Springwatch bookending it.

Spoke to someone last week who spent 2 weeks cut-off in the Lammermuirs in 1963. There was also a Saturday without any first-class football in Scotland due to the weather (Feb 9th), which must have been very rare throughout history... although I think another was in 1940.

32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Really :lol:? Think I probably saw it on the 50th anniversary - they had the chap from Springwatch bookending it.

Spoke to someone last week who spent 2 weeks cut-off in the Lammermuirs in 1963. There was also a Saturday without any first-class football in Scotland due to the weather (Feb 9th), which must have been very rare throughout history... although I think another was in 1940.

I'm just catching the end of the documentary and Ridley Scott is credited as 'designer' in what was probably his first job with the BBC.

Ironic that Oriam - the national indoor facility which cost £30M - is to remain closed the rest of the week and weekend due to the weather :lol:, except possibly for a Heriots-Currie rugby game.

Don’t get it? Not be closed because they don’t want people travelling?

Managed to get to the shops no problem and get back without any issues.

Main roads are fairly clear and right now it's not snowing so same again for tomoro would be fine.

Also less idiots on the road please :-)

Really? It’s bad at mine just now, I’m DD2 off City Road. Roads up here are all fucked too I can’t get my car out, main ones are just slush but managed to walk all the way into work this morning on the road. Nobody about at all.

I’m sort of hoping it stays steady, sent home today so if it’s similar tomorrow I should get another day off.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t get it? Not be closed because they don’t want people travelling?

Partly; also surrounding car parks / pavements treacherous, staff not getting in, and outer pitches snowbound... Whole facility shut yesterday, today, tomorrow, plus it looks like all the indoor sports are off this weekend except the provisional rugby tie at 2pm. Not questioning it, btw, no doubt sensible: but it highlights nothing is truly "all weather" when even an indoor pitch closes!

Looks like your getting the stuff we usually get.
Been the mildest winter here for a long long time, regarding snowfall. ( so far )..... im still half expecting to get a belter of a storm before spring though.
Good luck over there.

6 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm up in higher ground and it's not to bad here.
A few cars have been abandoned yet roads are not that bad.

A Honda jazz seems to have no issues with the snow.

Sadly this means I will be going to work tomoro as we won't close :-(

I had a shot of my folks Honda H-RV a few years ago during a snowy spell. It was excellent in the snow too. Got up steep hills no problem.

Does anyone in the Falkirk area know if there's snow ploughs kicking about today? Need to go for a prescription but doubting my ability to walk to my GP. Could probably dig the car out and drive if the roads were to be cleared a bit.

Does anyone in the Falkirk area know if there's snow ploughs kicking about today? Need to go for a prescription but doubting my ability to walk to my GP. Could probably dig the car out and drive if the roads were to be cleared a bit.

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2de764a9303848ffb9a4cac0bd0b1aab