Snow!

xbl

Guest Moomintroll
Barely use it anyway but that'll be the plan from now on aye... He claimed his "supplier" charged him £2.20 per bottle this morning but I'm sceptical of that (it'll surely be some central contract through Nisas or Wisemans or whoever for an operation like Costcutters?). Since the supermarket expanded a few years ago the other convenience store went out of business so short of the garages / newsagents he's the only other stockist of milk, bread and so on.

Frustrated to discover another family member who was in shelled-out £5 for 2 bottles "just in case" :wacko:. FFS.

On my last visit some weeks ago he hadn't any AA batteries [emoji38].
Absolute bullshit, Co op supply Costcutter since P&H went tits up. Even if they dont directly supply it will be done via direct supplier drop shipment with a centrally agreed price, profiteering pure and simple and deserves to be driven out of business for his sheer greed.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
57 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:
Barely use it anyway but that'll be the plan from now on aye... He claimed his "supplier" charged him £2.20 per bottle this morning but I'm sceptical of that (it'll surely be some central contract through Nisas or Wisemans or whoever for an operation like Costcutters?). Since the supermarket expanded a few years ago the other convenience store went out of business so short of the garages / newsagents he's the only other stockist of milk, bread and so on.

Frustrated to discover another family member who was in shelled-out £5 for 2 bottles "just in case" :wacko:. FFS.

On my last visit some weeks ago he hadn't any AA batteries emoji38.png.

Absolute bullshit, Co op supply Costcutter since P&H went tits up. Even if they dont directly supply it will be done via direct supplier drop shipment with a centrally agreed price, profiteering pure and simple and deserves to be driven out of business for his sheer greed.

Profiteering IS business ffs.

57 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

On my last visit some weeks ago he hadn't any AA batteries emoji38.png.

Supply and demand as ever. Raising the price acts as a disincentive to hysterical hoarding and denying sane people their milk.

Snowcunts:

Middle age men taking photos with that star wars filter. Wasn't funny the first time ya dick.

People on skis. Absolute try hards begging to be noticed and seen as wacky.

People tweeting people on skis as top bantz

Jenny Marra MSP . Nae bother hen, on my way.

Guest Moomintroll
Supply and demand as ever. Raising the price acts as a disincentive to hysterical hoarding and denying sane people their milk.
The hysterical ones will pay whatever they are quoted as they are, well, hysterical. The people who suffer are the sane ones who just want what they always get.

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Snowcunts:

Middle age men taking photos with that star wars filter. Wasn't funny the first time ya dick.

Jenny also complaining that she got told she had to attend holyrood yesterday im assuming by leonard

Guest Moomintroll
There is making an acceptable profit, then there is shitting on the people who you rely on to keep your business solvent ongoing. He will prob rake in an extra 500 quid of margin over a couple of days but will generate huge amounts of ill will among everyone in the town, not clever long term planning. Would despair if any of my customers pulled this trick and would try my best to talk them out of it.

20 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

There is making an acceptable profit, then there is shitting on the people who you rely on to keep your business solvent ongoing. He will prob rake in an extra 500 quid of margin over a couple of days but will generate huge amounts of ill will among everyone in the town, not clever long term planning. Would despair if any of my customers pulled this trick and would try my best to talk them out of it.

In successful business, only the maximum possible profit is acceptable. "ill will"? lol, they'll forget all about it and will be shopping there again as normal in no time. I remember all the snots and tears geared towards the likes of Tesco and Asda back in 2014, didn't take people long to fall back into line again.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

In successful business, only the maximum possible profit is acceptable. "ill will"? lol, they'll forget all about it and will be shopping there again as normal in no time. I remember all the snots and tears geared towards the likes of Tesco and Asda back in 2014, didn't take people long to fall back into line again.

I’ve never noticed any of your posts before.  If they’re all shite like this I think I’ve been lucky.

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Snowcunts:

And then she retweets this. 

https://twitter.com/TheEveningTimes/status/969187800854728704

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Snowcunts:

0969B820-700E-4481-AF6A-EB48E6A871EE.jpeg

Some road haulage walloper complaining on Reporting Scotland that if only the authorities had thought to put some salt on the M80, his Very Big Deal supplies might have got through unscathed. A few major problems with that claim:

1. Driving an HGV in the middle of a forecasted whiteout blizzard is an accident waiting to happen to everything around it, whether the road surface is clear or not. They shouldn't have been on the road as soon as the highest category warning was issued.

2. You can't just put salt down once during a constant snowstorm because it will eventually melt enough snow to wash itself away. Which means that the gritters need regular access to the road to put down fresh salt, which they didn't have because some w****r HGV drivers managed to block the entire carriageway with fail when they shouldn't have been on the road in the first place. 

The problem was therefore caused chiefly by the HGV wallopers and the best solution would have been for the police to collect and revoke the driving licenses of those who were blocking a key route for emergency services as a result of their stupidity. 

Guest Moomintroll
The point is will only take a few people stopping going there to remove any short term gain he has made and there will always be some people who will bear a grudge. Local retailers need their communities onside in a way the big chains never will, he might get away with it but I seriously doubt it.