Snow!

xbl

The number of window lickers still tweeting Lothian Buses to ask if the trams are running is ridiculous.

See also the same window licker types replying to scotrail’s message about what services are running, asking if other services are running.

How do these people fucking manage day to day?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Does anyone else feel that there has been a monumental overreaction from at least half of the country?

I think it's because conditions are so different across the country. Some people are saying it's the worst they've ever seen, Inverness has been sunny with barely any snow.

Just now, The Ginger Prince said:

See also the same window licker types replying to scotrail’s message about what services are running, asking if other services are running.

How do these people fucking manage day to day?

Scotrail should, in the initial statement, just add that unless they make a further announcement only the services listed will be running and they will not respond to any questions about which services are running (and stick to it)? The reactions would be brilliant.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterday my girlfriend had a training day at her work cancelled, as the trainer was meant to be driving down from Ayr. As a result, we spent yesterday building a snowman and drinking wine. I love snow.

IMG_9464.jpg

^^^ Fiat 500 Pie and Bovril

fwiw, the snow has provoked travel chaos in the Alps. Got on the bus to Geneva at 7.30, which limped through a blizzard for a while, then I asked to get off and strolled back home. Colleagues at work are telling me they spent 3 hours travelling in. Dunces. I've been drinking wine all afternoon.

Walked into the centre of our county town earlier. Supermarket out of bread and milk. Not a newspaper to be had in the district. Bank, optician, newsagent, butcher, baker, candlestickmaker, pub closed. 'Wildlife club off' proclaims a notice and a church service cancelled. Proprietor of the Costcutter cornershop has put up 2L milk from £1.20 to £2.50.

Civilisation hangs by a thread.