Snow!

xbl

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Limited slip diff, fancy dampers etc.

Sounds like stuff you'd wear.

58 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Roads here still aren’t great tbh. 

3724B5C5-A97F-4018-923D-81D3AC3ABF52.jpeg

Does Jimmy live in the country? We need to clear this up once and for all.

Roads here still aren’t great tbh. 
3724B5C5-A97F-4018-923D-81D3AC3ABF52.thumb.jpeg.2c119ce8de15542d2fdfd4fcc6257d88.jpeg
Cracking picture and having been out taking a few this morning I know it's hard to do it justice.
We in Dublin were warned all week about worst snow ever and I was sceptical but it really is the deepest snow I've ever seen.
6 foot drifts. Magical. Idiots driving and getting stuck all over the place. Feel sorry for an old fella who was walking up to the hospital 3 miles away.

17 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

8E2D8779-546B-4454-AB72-58DAF3B758BE.jpeg.cdddefec174f09addc04f50d7212b9ee.jpeg

You could be getting a pay day after all? :o

Just saw this post. That's about 100 yards or so from my office. 

Made it to the top of Wishart Street at 9:05 this morning so should have been sitting at my desk no more than 5 minutes later. 

I was expecting a little delay but finally sat down at my desk at 9:50. Albeit I did stop for some emergency rations on the way (roll and bacon). 

Wife just got a text from a girl who used to work for me in Dumfries.

Her husband is a dairy farmer and has just had to tip 3,500 litres of milk down the drain because the tanker couldn't't get up the road to collect it.

Her husband is a dairy farmer and has just had to tip 3,500 litres of milk down the drain because the tanker couldn't't get up the road to collect it.
How dairy.

5 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

That would've done me all day in this weather.

22 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

SEPA might not be chuffed about that.

18 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm sure their managers are telling them not to travel right enough.

They'll be on stupid targets despite the weather. What option do they have?

lol wut

If a forecast from the Met Office as well as official government advice states that you should not be travelling as there is a tangible risk to your life, then you should heed those warnings and stop travelling immediately. Any company that had an issue with a driver's decision under those circumstances and took disciplinary action would be on the wrong side of a PR and legal shitstorm, 

Gullible morons who thought that their company and the economy as a whole couldn't possibly function without their efforts led to a major motorway being closed for twelve hours and a huge amount of emergency service resources being squandered on their stupidity. They should have their driving licences revoked as a result and this would never happen again. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Don't you start, it's "have", not "of". G Man has been told this on numerous occasions but ignores it. 

I did see that however he effectively runs my local Tesco and I need bread so I dare not criticise for fear of having to go to Asda instead.  Im not in the mood for fat blobbery women in leggings today, thank you.