Snow!

xbl

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think this bread crisis is a farce, what a pathetic country we live in.

count yourself lucky and wallow in national pride - round my neck of the woods there's pouting at the deli counter as folk have to buy own-brand rather than nocellara del belice organic olives; if the rosemary and sea salt focaccia starts running low, there's no telling where it could all end - tutting and rolling of eyes - mark my words !

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can no one cook anymore? Folk don't seem to be buying ingredients, just bread and milk

I can cook and do so on a regular basis, but I still like to have bread and milk. Milk for cereal and bread for toast. Could do with some finger rolls for the kids too and normal rolls.

I’m having leek and potato soup with crusty bread tonight. Sainsbury’s only had the made in store crusty bread for sale and I had to queue to get a loaf. It’s like living in the old Soviet Union! Selfish b*****ds were buying 3 loads each thus depriving their fellow brothers and sisters of sustenance. We should really have commissars or the likes who can distribute punishment  beatings for this kind of disgraceful behaviour.

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I can cook and do so on a regular basis, but I still like to have bread and milk. Milk for cereal and bread for toast. Could do with some finger rolls for the kids too and normal rolls.

I’m having leek and potato soup with crusty bread tonight. Sainsbury’s only had the made in store crusty bread for sale and I had to queue to get a loaf. It’s like living in the old Soviet Union! Selfish b*****ds were buying 3 loads each thus depriving their fellow brothers and sisters of sustenance. We should really have commissars or the likes who can distribute punishment  beatings for this kind of disgraceful behaviour.

Bake the loaf yourself then. 

Nipped to Asda at the jewel for bread (before any c**t starts, we did need it) and was lucky enough to get 2 loaves of freshly baked stuff. They'd even sold out of the bread mixtures. No milk, or milkshakes. I must have been the only person in there without a tracksuit and 3 kids.

13 minutes ago, philpy said:

Nipped to Asda at the jewel for bread (before any c**t starts, we did need it) and was lucky enough to get 2 loaves of freshly baked stuff. They'd even sold out of the bread mixtures. No milk, or milkshakes. I must have been the only person in there without a tracksuit and 3 kids.

Surely ASDA sell tracksuits.  Not sure about kids though.

The last couple of days have convinced me that when Brexit or Trump brings us to a dystopian nightmare, bread and milk will be the top currency. The wee shop across from me got a limited amount of bread in and it was like black Friday with people queued out the door for Warburtons Thick Sliced.  At least half of them would have been disappointed.  I was only in for a bottle of Rioja which I'm glad to say they had plenty of.

Drove to work this morning without a problem.  Roads were clear and well-gritted. By 4pm it was mayhem so I decided to leave my car at work as I knew my Golf wouldn't make it through the snow - mainly due to bad drivers getting stuck on the rather hilly Chilterns.

I thumbed a lift and was picked up collected by an off-duty undertaker driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee who dropped me off within a 5 minute walk of my flat.

I got his card and assured him that he'd get my future business.