Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Hedgecutter what say you

Only just noticed this tag (low down the list of 45 unread notifications ffs).

23 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You could post a picture of your back garden and he would guess exactly & give you the local bus times that went passed.

Unfortunately for Jimmy85, this is admittedly true. He was naive enough to do this with a bit of field showing in the background the other day.  Name that Toon had seemingly died a death, I needed a challenge and I was procrastinating. 

On 14/05/2017 at 17:13, DI Bruce Robertson said:

He's got that app, you apply it to a picture from google maps & it deciphers the code to identify the GPS coordinates.

Hopefully Jimmy's photo compared with the well out-of-date and well zoomed in Google maps equivalent will debunk your hurtful theory. It ain't no finding that.  

garden.png.8024d648ab098bae8026185c178ea854.png

PS. Jimmy: If I was going to do anything bad or post a "Hiya Jimmy, hiya pal!" note through your letterbox, then I would have done it already en-route to Raith on Saturday.

Anybody that introduces a hedge to their garden will forever be on my good side.  Lovely stuff*  :) 

*the words of me, not necessarily Shakin Stevens. 

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Only just noticed this tag (low down the list of 45 unread notifications ffs).

Unfortunately for Jimmy85, this is admittedly true. He was naive enough to do this with a bit of field showing in the background the other day.  Name that Toon had seemingly died a death, I needed a challenge and I was procrastinating. 

Hopefully Jimmy's photo compared with the well out-of-date and well zoomed in Google maps equivalent will debunk your hurtful theory. It ain't no finding that.  

garden.png.8024d648ab098bae8026185c178ea854.png

PS. Jimmy: If I was going to do anything bad or post a "Hiya Jimmy, hiya pal!" note through your letterbox, then I would have done it already en-route to Raith on Saturday.

Anybody that introduces a hedge to their garden will forever be on my good side.  Lovely stuff*  :) 

*the words of me, not necessarily Shakin Stevens. 

How did you zoom in on Google Maps to get a horizontal view from the bottom of Jimmy's garden?

49 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Tried watching that Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss is about. Load of shite.

There's a bird in my garden singing the signature tune. I'm going to have to kill it.

Gin is the game, Makar, Rock Rose and Arbikie are current favourites with Tanqueray being the usual house gin in my freezer.

Special mention must go to Tesco Finest Aromatic Gin, only £16 a bottle and drinks as good as one twice the price. Shame supermarket spirits have that pishy old man association.

Blackwoods vintage dry gin and tonic for me.  Superb stuff.  Not a particularly Shetlandey type name, hence I previously presumed it was from somewhere Down South.   

Picked up a bottle of this in Stavanger recently.  Still never tried it, but I liked the 'creature' on the bottle to give the OH a laugh:

1220035.primary_images.jpg?preset=product-detail

Eta: Toss up between Stolichnaya and Finlandia for my favourite vodka (neat), whilst Russian Standard is probably the best value if using it with mixer (far from terrible but not far off the price of Smirnoff). 

Anyone ever try this btw?

cornwall035.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

The Crystal Head vodka in the skull bottle is probably the nicest normal vodka I've tried, although there's absolutely nothing finer than Zubrowka bison grass vodka and apple juice. Agree with Hedgecutter about Blackwood gin, lovely stuff. We also get a very nice Dundee gin in work.

17 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Grey Goose is clearly the best vodka 

Nonsense, you're just paying for the advertising budget. Zubrowka Bison Grass and the classic Stolichnaya are the best. Shot glass, straight from the freezer. If you're mixing it whatever's cheapest.

Edited by welshbairn