Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

_118375336_mediaitem118375335.jpg

A swan claims to have been the victim of a prank when someone out a sock on its head.

It was probably going to do a bank job and had to come up with something quick.

Even the swans are wearing facemasks. 

15 hours ago, keithgy said:

Found this in the loft our our new house,contacted the previous tenant who said o o forgot about it just keep it if you want.

30F5902C-2776-4845-A849-11C15D61D0ED.jpeg

Was it the previous tenant, or his wife, who told you to keep them?

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

You don’t just forget about a drum kit in your house. There’s more to the story here.

The guy probably played them once and regrets ever getting them, struggles to sell them on and couldn't be arsed moving them to his new house. 

When I bought my house the guy didn't bother cleaning out the shed and instead just left me £60 and a note saying "sorry I never dealt with that, here's £60". Folk will try anything to save themselves a bit of physical labour. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The guy probably played them once and regrets ever getting them, struggles to sell them on and couldn't be arsed moving them to his new house. 

When I bought my house the guy didn't bother cleaning out the shed and instead just left me £60 and a note saying "sorry I never dealt with that, here's £60". Folk will try anything to save themselves a bit of physical labour. 

Yeah maybe. 

Or he murdered someone with the drumsticks and is looking to fit up the new owners.

Your theory is plausible too I suppose.

We moved house in December and the previous owners left loads of stuff. A whole shed and garage full of crap. Some it it turned out useful, for example, they left two sledges which we used when it snowed a couple of weeks after we were in.

They also left some tools that I’ve got some use out of. Loads of tons of paint and pieces of wood, a ladder for getting on the roof. They also left several large pieces of furniture that we’ve had to use.

Edited by ICTChris

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We moved house in December and the previous owners left loads of stuff. A whole shed and garage full of crap. Some it it turned out useful, for example, they left two sledges which we used when it snowed a couple of weeks after we were in.

They also left some tools that I’ve got some use out of. Loads of tons of paint and pieces of wood, a ladder for getting on the roof. They also left several large pieces of furniture that we’ve had to use.

More of a warehouse than a shed, then?

On 05/05/2021 at 16:04, Sweet Pete said:

I've very recently started telling people in a half delicate, half condescending way that their urgent queries aren't urgent at all. I've also started pointing out when people email me doublers in a passive aggressive way like "per my previous, you will find etc". I've also very recently started telling people I'm not particularly interested in their work. "Oh, I really need this looked at urgently" - "no, I can't". Bliss.

More of this shite today.

"I sent you this yesterday, it's an emergency and you haven't actioned it".

You didn't send me it.

"OK I've sent it now"

That is not an emergency. It is not even worth my attention.

"OK thanks"

We moved into a new place when I was a kid and the previous owner was a model railway enthusiast. There was a cabinet full of records of the sounds of trains pulling into stations. The garden had a model railway intricately weaving all through it and the attic was full of model railway stuff.

My old man presumed the guy was some sort of beast so chucked it all out and smashed up the railway in the garden. 

2 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

We moved into a new place when I was a kid and the previous owner was a model railway enthusiast. There was a cabinet full of records of the sounds of trains pulling into stations. The garden had a model railway intricately weaving all through it and the attic was full of model railway stuff.

My old man presumed the guy was some sort of beast so chucked it all out and smashed up the railway in the garden. 

It's a wonder you're as normal as you are.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

You don’t just forget about a drum kit in your house. There’s more to the story here.

“You take that fucking drum kit wi’ you and it’s a divorce; I’ll take you to the cleaners and you’ll no see the bairns again.  Leave it for that glaikit cùnt that bought the hoose; he’s thick enough to think that he’s got somethin’ oot it”.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

“You take that fucking drum kit wi’ you and it’s a divorce; I’ll take you to the cleaners and you’ll no see the bairns again.  Leave it for that glaikit cùnt that bought the hoose; he’s thick enough to think that he’s got somethin’ oot it”.

She'd tell him to beat it. 

3 hours ago, Rasputin said:

It's what we did in those days. Old stuff was shite and it was all about the future.

"Bin all those stupid wee corgi cars, you're too big for them now.

We'll cover that ornate high ceiling with gyprock boards and while we're at it get that fire place to fūck. I'll box in that staircase when I've lifted the tiles in the hall."

It's what we did in those days. Old stuff was shite and it was all about the future.
"Bin all those stupid wee corgi cars, you're too big for them now.
We'll cover that ornate high ceiling with gyprock boards and while we're at it get that fire place to fūck. I'll box in that staircase when I've lifted the tiles in the hall."
I blame that c*nt Barry Bucknell.

17 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We only got left a Standard Lamp in the attic of one place we bought.  No shade though so it ended up costing me £50 for a lampshade and a few quid for a tin of paint.  

When we were leaving  our house in Manchester to move to Hong Kong we ended up leaving a lot of good stuff as we couldn't take it with us - this was in the days before selling stuff online was popular so other than car boot sales we were left with no choice.  Not sure if the standard lamp from above was included.

After numerous months and email after email with Ryanair, they've eventually paid me my flights back. The last correspondence - about two weeks ago - was me writing "You've got my signature on the copy of my passport, on the copy of my driving licence which tally up with my address on both and on my copy of my latest p60. I don't have to print off and sign any more paperwork for you and if this continues any more I will have no choice but to escalate it further"

Got a reply about half an hour later basically saying print and sign off another couple of pages or you're getting nothing. 

Left it, totally forgot about it tbh and just received an email saying my money is now on its way and "thank you for your help". 

Cunts.