Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I always ask passengers in the car the time when heading out of Dundee up the A90.........immediately before passing the Happas 1 sign.......incredibly once I passed the sign at exactly 13.30....and commented that the sign was correct for a change

Sounds like one of those tricks they play on apprentices.

"The sign has stopped, son. Away and wind it up again!"

Yeah, it's bollocks. Poor girl is only 21 and has lost her mum. They ban her for having a spliff or two cos she's upset. Heartless twats. Hope it gets overturned.
Why would it though? If they overturn that then it's a can of worms surely?

She took the chance and it's fucked her. I'm not sure she can have many complaints really.

The rules are in place to stop cheating aren't they? Cannabis shouldn't be against the rules, anyway. It provides no sporting advantage. I feel they could have showed some compassion. 

If she's been on steroids, no sympathy whatsoever. Cannabis? Why do they care? Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

They are banned (last time I checked anyway). I remember Gianni Bugno getting done for caffeine.

The rules are in place to stop cheating aren't they? Cannabis shouldn't be against the rules, anyway. It provides no sporting advantage. I feel they could have showed some compassion. 
If she's been on steroids, no sympathy whatsoever. Cannabis? Why do they care? Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

It doesn't matter what we think should and shouldn't be against the rules though. If she isn't allowed to take a certain substance then she will surely have been aware of this and has taken a risk and been duly fecked as a result. Her situation, even though it's horrible, is irrelevant.

I'm not allowed to take certain pills in my job so don't as I know doing so could result in me getting in some serious shit/losing my job. We're talking even over the counter co-codamol. It's pathetic (much like the situation she's found herself in) but thems the rules.

Yes but the rules are bollocks, you agree yourself. So why are you defending the rules?
I'm not defending the rules; they are indeed shite, especially if weed is legal in her state. But whether they're shite or not, she's broken them and can't have any complaints.

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They have shown compassion, by giving her the minimum possible punishment. The timing is unfortunate with the Olympics, but at the end of the day it's her own fault.

The minimum possible punishment is making her miss the most important tournament? Her ban expires before the athletics starts. They could let her in.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The minimum possible punishment is making her miss the most important tournament? Her ban expires before the athletics starts. They could let her in.

Sets a precedent if they let her in though.

Rules, whether you agree with them or not, are not dependent on personal circumstances. She broke them, she knew this, no argument really.

If you are an Olympic level athlete you are well aware of what the rules are regarding banned substances. This isn't some girl down the local athletics club. She knew it would get her banned if caught and took that chance. She is paying the price but has no one to blame but her self

3 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

All sporting events should allow every drug under the sun. 

Including the Scottish Cup?

Ecstasy Edinburgh City 0 Methadone Montrose 0. Abandoned due to lack of perception of reality.

5 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

All sporting events should allow every drug under the sun. I want to see someone run 100m in 5 seconds and explode into a shower of entrails.

I'd say have both, like the Special Olympics etc... Have the druggy Olympics as a suitable closer to festivities