Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Those ones at Dunfermline (Pittencrieff Park) expect to be fed.  If you turn up armed with nuts and can't get one to come right up to you then you must be OFTW in their eyes.

My old man used to be on the town centre management/planning in the 80s and 90s and campaigned for a cull of the grey squirrels. He planned to borrow some tractor from the golf club with a roller/spike thing rigged up to the back and drive it about the park running over squirrels. 

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My old man used to be on the town centre management/planning in the 80s and 90s and campaigned for a cull of the grey squirrels. He planned to borrow some tractor from the golf club with a roller/spike thing rigged up to the back and drive it about the park running over squirrels. 

Monster.

Perhaps a more humane middle-ground solution would be to get his painter/decorator son to spray-paint them all ginger?

23 hours ago, Empty It said:

Quality idea, wish I knew someone with sheep I could just borrow.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Get yourself up your local auction mart next Spring. 3 lambs can probably be had for the same price as a new Flymo. And then you get to sell them back as fatties about this time of year and get your money back. Win/win!!

Although your grass will be ankle deep in shite by then. And you’ll also need to buy a pick-up truck for transporting them. They’re not too respectful of the usual family estate car. 

Edited by alta-pete

52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not quite up to battering coos with a lump hammer - but the P&B obsession with innovatory ways of killing mammals continues...

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It was a good idea, as they are wiping out the red native species.

Get yourself up your local auction mart next Spring. 3 lambs can probably be had for the same price as a new Flymo. And then you get to sell them back as fatties about this time of year and get your money back. Win/win!!
Although your grass will be ankle deep in shite by then. And you’ll also need to buy a pick-up truck for transporting them. They’re not too respectful of the usual family estate car. 
When the time come for them to be made into a kebab the good lady would be too attached unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I have a picture in my head of the spikes picking up squirrels but also pissed up neds who happened to be lying about

Sent from a red telephone box with a suspicious puddle in the bottom using TapaTalk

51 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Always thought it was somewhat hypocritical how people rant on about grey squirrels taking over when we are an invasive species, ourselves. You don't see many Neanderthals knocking about, nowadays. Well, except at Ibrox.

For the majority of animal conservationists, it's simply about keeping their backyard and the wider world stocked with their favourite furry animals, e.g. pandas, snow leopards, red squirrels etc etc.

Unless the food chain would be impacted to a level that would inconvenience us, absolutely nobody other than a handful of boffins would care about some red forkytailed beetle being partly ousted by a near-identical American variety.

Anyway, the soft, self-entitled ginger sciuridaean immigrant tufties from the continent (where their population is rather healthy) only moved into Scotland once the glaciers started to disappear. What gives them a monopoly on the place.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully the rare Brechin City supporter, doesn't disappear off the planet as well.

Thank you.

^^^ supported the cull of Dundee Utd (and Aberdeen) fans who suddenly made a big appearance around Brechin area during the mid 1980s.  Dundee fans probably do tbf.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Always thought it was somewhat hypocritical how people rant on about grey squirrels taking over when we are an invasive species, ourselves. You don't see many Neanderthals knocking about, nowadays. Well, except at Ibrox.

It's up for debate whether we drove the Neanderthals to extinction.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2225123-neanderthals-may-have-died-out-due-to-sheer-bad-luck/