Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You'd think they'd have at least worked out warp speed or the provision of an infinite energy source by now, rather than just splashing around all that time. Useless twats.

Come at me bro

otters-playful-169788211.jpg

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Just watched the highlights of Paul Heaton and his interview, he seems like a genuinely good c**t. 

A national treasure. Has a soft spot for Dundee FC which in the good guy table takes him into second spot, just behind Bob Mortimer.

9 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

They must be absolutely fucking knackered. 

After that long they're probably used to it.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You'd think they'd have at least worked out warp speed or the provision of an infinite energy source by now, rather than just splashing around all that time. Useless twats.

Aye, poor showing from the wee water based lads.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

And how was it back then? A bit like now but a little 'otter?

Onechicago Ok GIF by ION

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently otters have been on the go for circa 10 million years.

That's a smashing fact. 

I live in "lower deeside" so see them occasionally when I'm out and about. Once I saw a family of three just happily (or grumpily, I didn't enquire) swimming down the river. Absolutely made my day.

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Otterly adorable

44 minutes ago, velo army said:

That's a smashing fact. 

I live in "lower deeside" so see them occasionally when I'm out and about. Once I saw a family of three just happily (or grumpily, I didn't enquire) swimming down the river. Absolutely made my day.

They were hunted by Megalodons apparently!

However, when was the last time you saw a Megalodon? So I ask you, who was hunting who?!

7 hours ago, thomas said:

Just watched the highlights of Paul Heaton and his interview, he seems like a genuinely good c**t. Nial Horan also featured ans he seemed cooler but the same.

Some boy.

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Some boy.

Been doing that at every gig/festival for a while. Just a brilliant guy & his sets are superb, I bang on a lot about it but he is totally underrated as a songwriter & performer.

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Evil f**king corporate b*****d’s in the U.S. again. So you lot all know about the f**ked up tipping culture in the U.S., so he’s how the corporations are getting another cut.

With COVID, people started tipping on pickup and counter service because they felt sorry for the waitstaff and counter staff. It’s continued, but in a more nefarious way. Now most Point Of Sale (POS) systems ask it you wish to add a rip when you use your credit card to pay…but…

It turns out the POS companies have been giving a discount to the businesses if they let them install a POS system with a tip option. Why would they do this, because the company that runs the POS system gets a percentage of the tips. Why would the business do this, because in addition to a discount on the costs to use the system, the tips from the POS system are totaled daily as general revenue, and given to the business! The business is under no obligation to share even a penny of it with the employees.

The moral…in the U.S., select no tip and leave cash if you are dealing with one of these bullshit POS systems and want to be sure the employees get some of it.

But....

Looking at the other side of that, not everyone carries cash nowadays, and it might be a tip where say, 90% of the tip goes to the staff and 10% to the POS company. If the customer has no cash would you rather the staff got 90% of something or 100% of f**k all?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

But....

Looking at the other side of that, not everyone carries cash nowadays, and it might be a tip where say, 90% of the tip goes to the staff and 10% to the POS company. If the customer has no cash would you rather the staff got 90% of something or 100% of f**k all?

But…

Thats not the case. What’s happening is the POS company takes 10% and the 90% is given to the company. There is absolutely no requirement for the company to share even one cent with the staff…there is no tracking outside of private company financial records. The company can say “we got $100 in tips today, the POS company got $10, here’s your share, $10”…when, in reality the POS company gave them $900 in tips. There is no legal requirement for the company to distribute any of the money, and no legal way for the staff to force an accounting.

While that’s true with cash, the amount of cash stuffed into a tip jar at a register is roughly visible to everyone. When cheques are presented/paid at tables, staff can keep a mental estimate of the tips they earned and compare notes. This system tries to hide it all AND f**k the customer too.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I’m at the Alva Games today and a bunch of silly c***s are going to run up the hill on the right.

IMG_6006.jpeg

Aye. Well worth the watch. Think the record is 22mins or so up to the top and down again. 

Edited by alta-pete

43 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. Well worth the watch. Think the record is 22mins or so up to the top and down again. 

It would be less but they're all carrying pails of water on the way down.