Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

In considering the UK's role in the world, when it is claiming to be interested in maintaining peace, I confess to being somewhat startled that of the 193 recognised members of the UN, Britain has at best a chequered military history with 9 out of 10 of them.

According to Wikipedia.... "During its history, the United Kingdom's forces (or forces with a British mandate) have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193 countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries."

The UK really has to up it's game.  I'm pretty sure that with a little effort, we could score off most of the missing ones, with sensible spacing out so that our shrinking armed forces aren't sent to fight in the same place at the same time.  The unticked boxes on the world list are Andorra, Belarus, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Guatemala, Ivory Coast, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mali, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Paraguay, Sao Tome and Principe, Sweden, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Vatican City. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

In considering the UK's role in the world, when it is claiming to be interested in maintaining peace, I confess to being somewhat startled that of the 193 recognised members of the UN, Britain has at best a chequered military history with 9 out of 10 of them.

According to Wikipedia.... "During its history, the United Kingdom's forces (or forces with a British mandate) have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193 countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries."

The UK really has to up it's game.  I'm pretty sure that with a little effort, we could score off most of the missing ones, with sensible spacing out so that our shrinking armed forces aren't sent to fight in the same place at the same time.  The unticked boxes on the world list are Andorra, Belarus, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Guatemala, Ivory Coast, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mali, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Paraguay, Sao Tome and Principe, Sweden, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Vatican City. 

PTTGOYN thread for this, but that last part of the first para. makes no sense.  90% of them surely?

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

I've just taken a shite and it looks exactly like an erect penis.

It is however refusing to flush.

That's going in the notebook marked "ideas for A Serbian Film 2".

17 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Saw the new Beyonce video on TV. It is terrible, a 10 second clip over and over again. But, on TV, they had blurred out her chest. I assumed she must have been topless or something, but no. Just cleavage. Weird.

Probably a clip sourced from US TV. Dunno how it is now, but twenty years ago they'd blur women's arses if they were wearing regular swimsuits in the background of news reports.

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

I've just taken a shite and it looks exactly like an erect penis.

It is however refusing to flush.

Waste not want not. :ph34r:

Hoodies are going to become the cardigans of the 2050s - the thing we're all wearing in nursing homes to keep warm, and that knife-toting young muggers wouldn't be seen dead wearing.

Was there a time when lawbreaking rapscallions cut about in cardies?

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Probably a clip sourced from US TV. Dunno how it is now, but twenty years ago they'd blur women's arses if they were wearing regular swimsuits in the background of news reports.

Likely cable/streaming. It's still the case the closest you get to titillation on American council telly is when Cookie Monster takes his apron off at the end of the Monster Foodiie Truck section on Sesame Street. 

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

PTTGOYN thread for this, but that last part of the first para. makes no sense.  90% of them surely?

Nine out of ten is the same proportion as 90 out of 100, but has one less significant figure, so is more right for 171/193 than 90%, which should be 89%.

Missus got a letter in today saying her citizenship application has been approved.
Her naturalisation ceremony is Wednesday! 

Wait for months then it's all go

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Missus got a letter in today saying her citizenship application has been approved.

Fantastic news. Hope Wednesday goes brilliantly.

My Mrs is looking at going through the citizenship process later this year, good to hear someone else who's gone through it and had a good outcome!

2 hours ago, Peil said:

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Fantastic news. Hope Wednesday goes brilliantly.

My Mrs is looking at going through the citizenship process later this year, good to hear someone else who's gone through it and had a good outcome!

Do we need an "Alien Partners of Pn'B" thread  ?

My wife has no intention of applying for dual citizenship.

19 hours ago, coprolite said:

Nine out of ten is the same proportion as 90 out of 100, but has one less significant figure, so is more right for 171/193 than 90%, which should be 89%.

@TxRover

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a meeting with someone from Tokyo Institute of Technology today. 

A traditional Japanese greeting is "Usero". Happy to help. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a meeting with someone from Tokyo Institute of Technology today. 

If you know a joke where the punchline is "what do you mean "wrong hole?" " probably best not to tell it.

(If you know, you know..)