Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Misleading stats as the silent majority who are solid salt n vinegar types are unrecorded.

Also the salt n sauce types don't have unsupervised access to internet polls. 

31 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I really don’t understand why these companies don’t have multiple backup options in this type of scenario. Fcuking clowns.

Cash always works.  

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cash always works.  

Dunno about that. 😂

You and I probably grew up in a time when manual tills were in operation and staff (and buyer) could calculate the price in their heads. 
If these electronic tills go down the staff probably go into meltdown. 

26 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Dunno about that. 😂

You and I probably grew up in a time when manual tills were in operation and staff (and buyer) could calculate the price in their heads. 
If these electronic tills go down the staff probably go into meltdown. 

When I was a student I did a couple of shifts a week in an off-licence.  We had one till, so we had to add up the cost of orders on paper as we couldn't have one member of staff hogging it processing a single customer's order. The queue would have been out the door more often than it was.

Our speed adding was amazing.  Any order over £20 had to be checked by another member of staff.

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

When I was a student I did a couple of shifts a week in an off-licence.  We had one till, so we had to add up the cost of orders on paper as we couldn't have one member of staff hogging it processing a single customer's order. The queue would have been out the door more often than it was.

Our speed adding was amazing.  Any order over £20 had to be checked by another member of staff.

I mind when there was a power cut in my local at the time, and the landlady couldn't count without the till, so she brought candles out, locked the doors, and we just served ourselves and popped the money in a pint pot on the bar. Blitz spirit what!

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I mind when there was a power cut in my local at the time, and the landlady couldn't count without the till, so she brought candles out, locked the doors, and we just served ourselves and popped the money in a pint pot on the bar. Blitz spirit what!

How many candles? Four?

IMG_8309.jpeg.8f9556bd5db97585d1c65c9083ce2491.jpeg