Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I disagree. It’s just showing consideration for other people. I’ll often cross a road or speed up so I’m not tailing a woman. That’s probably sexist or something but I’d rather be sexist than get pepper sprayed.

It's holding yourself responsible for the feelings of others and the negative consequences which you perceive may arise for you. It's how a lot of us were raised tbf, so I'm not judging.  

Also, actual danger and perception of danger are often distant relatives rather than bedfellows. If someone feels threatened because of someone's inherently harmless and unconnected behaviour (man driving behind you on the motorway or someone walking behind you on the way home) then it's because they're attaching a meaning to that behaviour which gives rise to those feelings of anxiety. This is a very live topic among black people in America where black men have to make so many adjustments to their behaviour due to them being perceived as a threat. It's nonsense, but the same mechanisms are at play here.

Projection, mainly.

8 hours ago, velo army said:

I don't think someone's perception of you as a threat should dictate how you behave.

Move to the U.S. and try that out…

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, ‘I might die young’ is not the best approach to planning for retirement.

I’m sure you’ll live for a long time, but not long enough to see your team’s new stadium.

I've still got more chance than you to see it, though! 

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Obviously a young energetic couple in the first heady stages of a relationship. I remember I used to be able to go at it like that back in the day.

23 hours ago, bennett said:

Do PnBers take extreme measures to avoid women in public or just act normally?"

I read the first half of her tweet in a John Inman voice.

Came off a 11pm train back to Lenzie about a week ago, and a lassie was walking down the main road in front of me, I was quicker and as I got closer she was trying to speed up.
Felt awkward as fk as I didn't want to weird her oot more than she already was, so i stepped onto the road and loudly said 'excuse me'.

Edited by Peil

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Move to the U.S. and try that out…

"He approached me in a public space while being openly black, Your Honor - what else was I supposed to do but open fire?"

35 minutes ago, Peil said:

Came off a 11pm train back to Lenzie about a week ago, and a lassie was walking down the main road in front of me, I was quicker and as I got closer she was trying to speed up.
Felt awkward as fk as I didn't want to weird her oot more than she already was, so i stepped onto the road and loudly said 'excuse me'.

"...and she was still alive when I left the scene, Your Honour".

The fact that American football hero guy Travis Kelce is known to me as Taylor's new BF.

Shows how shite NFL is & how hardly anybody gies AF about it other than them.

Took me ages to even recognise Tom Brady.

17 minutes ago, Venti said:

The fact that American football hero guy Travis Kelce is known to me as Taylor's new BF.

Shows how shite NFL is & how hardly anybody gies AF about it other than them.

Took me ages to even recognise Tom Brady.

Put the rod away. 

It's a shite state of affairs that women need to feel intimidated and guys feel awkward simply when having to pass each other on the street. Why can't all the weirdo's stop being weird then we can all just relax?.

Personally if I see a woman in public - even if it's broad daylight, they're on the other side of the road, with company and paying absolutely no attention to me - I simply shout I AM NOT A SEX OFFENDER repeatedly until they're no longer in sight. I'm just corteous like that.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Personally if I see a woman in public - even if it's broad daylight, they're on the other side of the road, with company and paying absolutely no attention to me - I simply shout I AM NOT A SEX OFFENDER repeatedly until they're no longer in sight. I'm just corteous like that.

I'm legally required to do something similar.

I am quite a fan of women's volleyball. At the end of the season my favourite club present all the players who aren't getting a new contract a nice bouquet of flowers. It's all quite lovely really. I would very much like Thistle to do the same. Chris Ross to be pictured handing some Chrysanthemums to Jamie Sneddon a month from now, please. 

May be an image of 2 people, people playing tennis and text

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Move to the U.S.

No, thank you.

One consequence of folk believing in the supernatural...

"A Canadian man was sentenced to 10 years in prison today in the Eastern District of New York for perpetrating a massive psychic mass-mailing fraud scheme that stole more than $175 million from more than 1.3 million victims in the United States."

From https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/canadian-man-sentenced-operating-175m-psychic-mass-mailing-fraud-scheme

It really is time that this nonsense was put in the bin.

7 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"A Canadian man was sentenced to 10 years in prison today in the Eastern District of New York for perpetrating a massive psychic mass-mailing fraud scheme that stole more than $175 million from more than 1.3 million victims in the United States."

From https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/canadian-man-sentenced-operating-175m-psychic-mass-mailing-fraud-scheme

With that many people victimised, I was expecting it to be the Catholic Church or such…

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Reading through it, I don't understand how that guy's getting treated any differently to anyone else claiming to be a psychic in exchange for money.

You prosecute one and it just gives the others the veneer of credibility.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Reading through it, I don't understand how that guy's getting treated any differently to anyone else claiming to be a psychic in exchange for money.

You prosecute one and it just gives the others the veneer of credibility.

I wonder if he saw it coming? 😁

Seriously though, I wonder if some "psychics" get round accusations of dishonesty by "accepting donations" rather than levying a "charge" for their services.  I think I read somewhere that the tickets for "psychic" shows state that it's entertainment rather than claiming it's real.

Today a lassie described a bit of equipment in her ward as looking like it was from 1982, because it looked “mega old” I was born in 1982, still see myself as relatively young, but according to that young whippersnapper, anything from that time is ancient and should be chucked on the scrap heap. The way that kids see anyone over 30. As below. IMG_4655.jpeg.07bd0a158a42d916d3c1e09ee4964fdb.jpeg

Edited by buchan30