Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've just bought online Saltire bunting and a Scotland jersey for my son. all for under 10 British Pounds.

Delivery will be within 3 weeks.

I'll keep you posted on the jersey quality. £6.37.  If he gets to wear it until we get knocked out win the fucking thing, well worth it.

On 17/05/2024 at 16:45, Jives Miguel said:

Thoughts on deoderising your baws? Not the b exactly, more the side era where thigh connects to your body. To me this makes perfect sense, it's an area that's going get sweaty and smelly the same way your armpits will as constant contact points for your limbs to your body. But apparently this is an uncommon practise?

A slight tangent but I have got in the habit of a shower last thing at night followed by a liberal puff of baby powder around the genital area. Best sleep you’ll have and wake up feeling fresh with no sticky morning plums. 

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Posted without comment

image.png.64919f92f3f3772ad21d66c909d1d822.png

I think we all have our suspicions here.

Just spent a couple of weeks on holiday. In the apartment complex, each entrance hallway had at least 1000 small bottles of water and everyone just helped themselves. On the plane home last night, asked for a small bottle of water..£2. Tried to pay with a 20euro note and was told that if I did that then the cost of the water would be £7.26!!

welcome back to the real world.

49 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

Just spent a couple of weeks on holiday. In the apartment complex, each entrance hallway had at least 1000 small bottles of water and everyone just helped themselves. On the plane home last night, asked for a small bottle of water..£2. Tried to pay with a 20euro note and was told that if I did that then the cost of the water would be £7.26!!

welcome back to the real world.

Ryanair or Easyjet? 

Well, I don't suppose you become a Titan of Industry without being a genius.

Here's Sir Jim Ratcliffe channeling his inner Slartibartfast.

"The country was designed for 55 or 60 million people and we've got 70 million people"

😂🤔

FC Vaduz have won 24 of the last 25 Liechtenstein Cups with an average score of 4.56 - 0.56. Their sole defeat was on pelanties.

47 minutes ago, BFTD said:

FC Vaduz have won 24 of the last 25 Liechtenstein Cups with an average score of 4.56 - 0.56. Their sole defeat was on pelanties.

No microplastics in Lichtenstein it seems.

On 17/05/2024 at 18:34, BFTD said:

Ah yes, the much-rumoured Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS reboot.

Edit: what did they do to Ralgex? It used to scorch the flesh off your bones in the Eighties, but it barely mustered a tingle last time I tried it.

That reminds me of playing Sunday morning football back in the early 90s.

We were playing at Riverside in Dundee in January. It was a typical miserable day and all wondering why we bothered. 

Any Dundonian that has ever played at Riverside will tell you how shit it is when it's cold and windy, it's literally next to the Tay, anyway, the game was unremarkable apart from being fucking freezing, we only had one sub that came on into the second half before he had solidified to ice. 

The lad that went off took the dressing room key and said he'd leave it with the Parky in charge and he'd drive up to the pub and see us there.

We finished the game got showered and dressed then all piled into cars to go to the pub.

We were just passing what is now the V&A when the driver of the car started screaming and swearing and the rest of us were just looking at him bemused. 

Not for long, within the next 5 minutes we had all joined in, the b*****d that got subbed had quite methodically rubbed Ralgex into our boxers/undies and the sting was unbelievable. The driver drove like a maniac to the pub while down below got hotter and hotter and when we got there the rest of the team were all leaping out of cars and running straight to the pub bogs where we were about to get rid of the red hot knickers. 

The b*****d that did it was sat there laughing as we all ran in but had fucked off before we reappeared from the bogs.

Stung for hours.

tl;dr

We lost 1-0.

The worst part about Ralgex was that the uninitiated would naturally think that washing it off was the best course of action if too much had been applied (or, indeed, it had been applied to the genitals).

mePvR5.gif

For any curious youngsters reading this, do NOT listen to the old men and rub these products on your genitals.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

That reminds me of playing Sunday morning football back in the early 90s.

We were playing at Riverside in Dundee in January. It was a typical miserable day and all wondering why we bothered. 

Any Dundonian that has ever played at Riverside will tell you how shit it is when it's cold and windy, it's literally next to the Tay, anyway, the game was unremarkable apart from being fucking freezing, we only had one sub that came on into the second half before he had solidified to ice. 

The lad that went off took the dressing room key and said he'd leave it with the Parky in charge and he'd drive up to the pub and see us there.

We finished the game got showered and dressed then all piled into cars to go to the pub.

We were just passing what is now the V&A when the driver of the car started screaming and swearing and the rest of us were just looking at him bemused. 

Not for long, within the next 5 minutes we had all joined in, the b*****d that got subbed had quite methodically rubbed Ralgex into our boxers/undies and the sting was unbelievable. The driver drove like a maniac to the pub while down below got hotter and hotter and when we got there the rest of the team were all leaping out of cars and running straight to the pub bogs where we were about to get rid of the red hot knickers. 

The b*****d that did it was sat there laughing as we all ran in but had fucked off before we reappeared from the bogs.

Stung for hours.

tl;dr

We lost 1-0.

After not playing full-size football since the under 18s, I made the questionable decision to join that league playing at Riverside at the grand old age of 36. It was brutal. The entire season seemed to be winter.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

She was in the dog?

IMG_0972.jpeg

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard,

To fetch her poor doggie a bone, 

When she got there, 

The cupboard was bare, 

So the dog gave her a bone of his own.. 

A bloke from Hull taught me this lovely ditty. It wasn't Philip Larkin. 

48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

She was in the dog?

IMG_0972.jpeg

That's kinda why they were being banned, wasn't it? Their propensity to consume people?

Could be wrong; maybe there's been a spate of XL Bully happy slapping headlines that I missed.