Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just found out that Sky Go now needs Sky Go extra (at a fiver a month) to watch it on my Xbox. Might not seem a lot but £60 a year on top of £40 Xbox live gold membership has got me fuming. I'm having to hold back from sending a cringey sobbing email to the robbing baskets.

In the last three years at some point I've picked up a random number whilst pished and saved it under "Jesus apparently". Today I accidentally phoned that number as my phone unlocked in my pocket. They text me asking who I was and adding "from Elders Liao and Shubin".

Then they started phoning me. I have no idea who they are, nor how I got the number, and I'm unwilling to phone them back.

I doubt I'll ever really know who they are or how I got the number

We got moved in no bother all went smoothly getting everything in and even got my broadband set up as I was moving stuff in.

Although when I came back from the shop we couldn't find one of our wee cats and assumed he ran out so looked about for 2/3 hours then the other cat kept going to the boiler as it has a wee gap and there he was stuck behind the boiler was a mission to get him out and now need to board up the gap for future.

He's still a bit shaken haven just moving house and then going through that and he's only 9 months old so he's currently feeling sorry for himself and getting cuddles from the mrs.

Never felt so glad to see him as I honestly thought he was a goner.

Shaken haven? A bit like A site I used to frequent.

The comments section on this article amused me a great deal:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-vice-guide-to-glasgow-2014-398

Hipster writes article about "edgy Glasgow", including recommendations to visit The Stravaigin, Oran Mor and Blythswood Square Hotel. Locals not impressed.

Just found out that Sky Go now needs Sky Go extra (at a fiver a month) to watch it on my Xbox. Might not seem a lot but £60 a year on top of £40 Xbox live gold membership has got me fuming. I'm having to hold back from sending a cringey sobbing email to the robbing baskets.

Fuckin whit????

The comments section on this article amused me a great deal:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-vice-guide-to-glasgow-2014-398

Hipster writes article about "edgy Glasgow", including recommendations to visit The Stravaigin, Oran Mor and Blythswood Square Hotel. Locals not impressed.

The author hit this nail on the head:

SELF-IMPORTANT SECTARIAN BIGOTS

Religion has been in decline in Scotland for years – just 54 percent of the population identify as Christian, down from 65 percent in 2001 – but because it’s become so entangled with football and politics, we seem unable to rid ourselves of its sectarian trappings, even though many on both sides of the Protestant-Catholic divide will only ever enter a church to be married or buried.

The most obvious manifestation of this occurs every summer, when, for a host of arcane and impossible-to-defend reasons, a certain stripe of Glasgow's Protestant community takes it upon themselves to dust off their woodwind instruments, dress up like dicks and parade through the city to commemorate William of Orange's victory over the Catholic King James II in a battle that took place (in Ireland) so long ago, you'd struggle to believe they can count so high using only their fingers. These parades are known as Orange walks, and not only are they offensive and inflammatory to Catholics (particularly when their route passes through traditionally-Catholic areas), they’re an embarrassment to everyone else who lives here: traffic slows to a crawl to accommodate these lamentable conga lines of self-important bigots, while hangovers citywide are exacerbated by their flute-based hymns of hatred wafting through open windows.

Must be a public school boy Catholic for writing this. :wacko:

In the last three years at some point I've picked up a random number whilst pished and saved it under "Jesus apparently". Today I accidentally phoned that number as my phone unlocked in my pocket. They text me asking who I was and adding "from Elders Liao and Shubin".

Then they started phoning me. I have no idea who they are, nor how I got the number, and I'm unwilling to phone them back.

I doubt I'll ever really know who they are or how I got the number

Sounds like some sort of religious group, mormons or something. They won't stop calling you. Ever.

It makes me inexplicably angry when I see Commonwealth Games employees/volunteers wearing their absolutely fucking massive lanyard when they're clearly not on duty (on the train, etc). There's a boy in my work who is doing security at the games and he's wearing his Commonwealth Games pass AND his work pass about the office.

It makes me inexplicably angry when I see Commonwealth Games employees/volunteers wearing their absolutely fucking massive lanyard when they're clearly not on duty (on the train, etc). There's a boy in my work who is doing security at the games and he's wearing his Commonwealth Games pass AND his work pass about the office.

You get free transport with it, so it's easy to just have it around your neck for when the inspector comes.

I'm not one of those people though because it's a pain in the arse having it hang all the time and it blows more than a hooker when it's windy. Just take it out my bag when it's needed.

Imagine if they were also wearing a T In The Park wristband