Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

You should have to at least prove you've had a lesson on a dual carriage way and driving at night before passing. I was worried about my night vision when I first started, took me months before I realised I only had the side lights on.

I learnt to drive at night. also had to drive through the city center to reach the west end. After that, driving during the day piss easy

My first time on a motorway was driving to Manchester in a car with my pals, the other 2 carloads hadn't drove on a motorway either. That was hellish.

Not my first time on a motorway as such (I'd been on the M74 a couple of times but only from Tollcross to Polmadie) but it was only two months after I'd passed my test I drove from Glasgow to Bristol. This year I've driven to Manchester and Newcastle as well. It's not really that bad but I have to admit to a fitful night before the Bristol one and then trying to sleep after I'd done it with visions of what could have happened going around my head. I'd do it again if I had to but I'm not in a hurry to try.

For heaven's sake, don't show Nicola the rest of the internet. She might have to pay attention to what her daughter's doing.

Or the inside of your average bookshop, for that matter. I embarrassed the hell out of my mother when I was nine by asking her if I could have a copy of 120 Days of Sodom.

(didn't think much of it, BTW)

I passed my test two days after Christmas and drove to Southampton on the 4th January. Absolute breeze. Now I do it four or five times a year without issue, although the parents think I'm a horrendous driver and I'm a danger to myself. At the end of the day if you stay within your limits of what you're comfortable with and of course the speed limits you'll hardly go wrong, and the biggest risks on the road are the people who go out with these limits and pose a danger to themselves and other drivers.

Just speaking to an acquaintance who lives in the leafy west Edinburgh suburb of Wester Hailes.

On a recent warm night he couldn't sleep so got up and opened the window. He could hear movement in the darkness below and heard the word "fire" being uttered. A wee while later he could smell smoke and in the gardens below, could see a figure standing over a fire. He asked the fire-raiser what he was up to. Fire raiser apologised and asked if the fire was bothering him. He replied that he was curious and a little concerned about the risk of the fire spreading but was not unduly perturbed. Fireraiser explained he'd just found out his girlfriend was pregnant by another man so was burning her stuff.

Just speaking to an acquaintance who lives in the leafy west Edinburgh suburb of Wester Hailes.

On a recent warm night he couldn't sleep so got up and opened the window. He could hear movement in the darkness below and heard the word "fire" being uttered. A wee while later he could smell smoke and in the gardens below, could see a figure standing over a fire. He asked the fire-raiser what he was up to. Fire raiser apologised and asked if the fire was bothering him. He replied that he was curious and a little concerned about the risk of the fire spreading but was not unduly perturbed. Fireraiser explained he'd just found out his girlfriend was pregnant by another man so was burning her stuff.

Did her stuff appear to be wrapped up in a bit of old carpet?