Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

20 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've just heard a guy die I think. I work on Gordon Street, heard a scream and then loads of sirens, turns out someone has jumped out a window on the 4th floor about 100 yards away.

Grim.

I had a Gordon Street coffee yesterday. Admittedly it was from their wee van at Queen St station rather than the main branch he fell into. But still, it could have me (he landed on).

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

To be fair, being killed by a falling, naked man would be some way to go! Especially if you inadvertently saved his life! emoji3.png

Would be better if it was a falling naked woman. IMO.

23 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would be better if it was a falling naked woman. IMO.

Very chivalrous of you Biggie, if not a tad(ger) sexist. ;)

I suppose if you could choose your demise whilst saving someone who didn't want to be saved would be amusing whatever sex you got flattened by, I would hate it to be Donald Trump or anyone from Swansea tbh. 

Grimbo

Very chivalrous of you Biggie, if not a tad(ger) sexist. [emoji6]

I suppose if you could choose your demise whilst saving someone who didn't want to be saved would be amusing whatever sex you got flattened by, I would hate it to be Donald Trump or anyone from Swansea tbh. 

Grimbo

Why Swansea in particular? Out of all the places!

What is it with people in Cornwall? Is it something in the water or the air? Normal social norms just don't appear to apply.

Going to have your dog put down? Why not turn it into a Twitter happening? #walkwithwalnut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-37924439

http://www.cornwalllive.com/hundreds-of-people-descend-on-porth-beach-to-join-mark-wood-and-walnut-on-their-final-walk-together/story-29889675-detail/story.html

Elsewhere, being a handyman in Cornwall means something else entirely.

http://www.cornwalllive.com/newquay-handyman-peter-cooke-sentenced-after-masturbating-in-front-of-a-teenage-boy-in-his-garden/story-29887129-detail/story.html

The part of the newspaper story that made it sound more like a Billy Connolly routine was the part that read 'Mum, Pete's w****** in the garden'.

:blink:

Edited by WaffenThinMint

I've just learned that one of the candidates in the recent US Presidential Election was Mr Jim Hedges of the Prohibition Party, who are pledged to outlaw the sale of alcohol. They received a massive 163 votes. I think we dodged a bullet there.

Giving the kids their dinner in the kitchen. Got the radio on, Absolute Radio 90's.  Gave them full renditions of Catatonia "Road Rage" (complete with Welsh accent), Suede "Trash" and Pulp "Common People" (complete with Jarvis Cocker style dancing).  

I've no doubt they'll describe it to a psychologist one day. 

It's remarkable how you can be moaned at for "doing nothing" in the house, and then be moaned at for "getting in the way" whenever you do housework.

Giving the kids their dinner in the kitchen. Got the radio on, Absolute Radio 90's.  Gave them full renditions of Catatonia "Road Rage" (complete with Welsh accent), Suede "Trash" and Pulp "Common People" (complete with Jarvis Cocker style dancing).  

I've no doubt they'll describe it to a psychologist one day. 

If there's a better Welsh accent song I want to hear it...

And common people is class. You're giving your kids an education.