Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We put up with it so that we won't be found dead, alone. Months after we die in a grotty flat, like you will.

Nonsense. My flat will be nice and clean when I die alone

I was expecting something like 25 and had my contempt dripping reply ready. I only try to use one place because they do a great job and they're really fit.

On that note, going from Sainsbury's across to Asda in Garthdee, from general civilization to snack munching, bairrn screaming hell. To be fair though, checking out their reduced section!

33 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Went to the karaoke rooms on George street today. I've never karaoked in my life before today, but by f**k, did I no kick the arse oot it, whit a singer I am btw

I was at Supercube in Edinburgh a few weeks ago as part of my younger brother's stag do.

From memory I sang:

Baba O'Reilly

Feel Good Hit of the Summer

Miami (Will Smith)

And some other shit which I've forgotten. And there were 9 of us and we had 100 minutes.

At the staff Christmas party I sang White Lines.

Oh and when me and Stellaboz were pished in March after our game in Paisley (0-0), we went to Arctic Bar (I had to try it once) and I sang One Way Ticket (To Hell And Back). They were selling dodgy pies at 9pm.

What I'm getting at is that yes, karaoke is quality. For the most part. And I'm a horrible singer.

5 hours ago, philpy said:

I went for a haircut today, in a recently opened barbers shop, I was even given a nip of whisky while I was waiting. Very nice touch.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

And how much did you pay?

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Tenner. Left a 3 quid tip

I like you bud, I really do, but you have been conned.

In my mind it could have read 'I was even given a blow job, I left a £40 tip'

You must need to be absolutely annihilated to enjoy listening to other folk desecrating pop standards. Slaughtered to the point where a dug taking a shite would become fascinating. I can see how being the "singer" would be fun but, Christ, it's murder to sit through.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You must need to be absolutely annihilated to enjoy listening to other folk desecrating pop standards. Slaughtered to the point where a dug taking a shite would become fascinating. I can see how being the "singer" would be fun but, Christ, it's murder to sit through.

The heckling, booing and taunting is part of the fun.

I once butchered Mötley Crüe's 'Home Sweet Home' in The Moorings in Aberdeen, and once during 'I Predict A Riot' (AKA 'Ibrox Is Quiet') in Legends in Dunfermline I worked ordering a pint at the bar in to the lyrics.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The heckling, booing and taunting is part of the fun.

I once butchered Mötley Crüe's 'Home Sweet Home' in The Moorings in Aberdeen, and once during 'I Predict A Riot' (AKA 'Ibrox Is Quiet') in Legends in Dunfermline I worked ordering a pint at the bar in to the lyrics.

I don't think they're doing it right in this neck of the woods. Lots of cheering and applauding. That level of enjoyment is fucking sickening, frankly. What happened to getting completely mortal and contemplating the futility of life? Far too much happiness with these modern youngsters.

I went for a pint with a 'colleague' after work and we were sitting in the rather pleasant ivy-clad smoking area.  A group of 3 women and 2 blokes sat at the table opposite us and had what looked like pints of cider (as the glasses had ice in them) for the girls and pints of lager for the blokes.  One of the girls put her glass on the table, went back to the bar, then returned with 5 straws.  They all then started to drink through their straws.
Pub culture is fucked.

If they were planning on getting pished then it's forgivable as you get drunk slightly faster when drinking through a straw because you take in less oxygen as you swallow.