Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Just one of the usual shite posts from him, His son had said Keiran tierney could have his teeth iirc.

f**k sake! 

What next? "Free to a good home: 1no 2nd hand kidney"?!

I had the distinct feeling when Celtic were celebrating their cup final win a few weeks ago, Brendan Rodgers was a bit uncomfortable with the young lad being there. It's nice but when it's constantly piped in the media, it's nothing but goodwill hunting (MATT DAMON!) for publicity.

There's probably hundreds of kids out there that deserve something nice from their heroes that don't get it for whatever reason.

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

To me it certainly seems like its gone beyond meeting heroes tbh. 

If Celtic were to stop giving free tickets then there would be a backlash from media i'd imagine. 

I'm only surprised it hasn't lead to a Thick of it style race between rival Clubs with their PR Departments giving it "get me a more disabled ethinic minority kid"

Perhaps I'm just cynical too!

Slash of Guns 'n' Roses claims he was just dicking around playing something really daft one day when Axl Rose grabbed onto it and was determined they could make a good song out of it - Sweet Child O' Mine. Slash was still amazed anyone took it seriously, last I heard.

Indeed. They were sitting around and Slash started to play the riff saying it sounded like a circus theme or some such thing and as you say Axl jumped onto it and told him to remember it incase he could take it further. Obviously they did go back and Sweet Child O' Mine was created. Another fact about the song is that they had absolutely no idea how to finish it. After the second verse someone asked "Where do we go now?" and again Axl just ran with that.

I can understand why fans get fed up with certain songs. That isn't Guns N Roses' best song but it's probably the most well known (just edging out Paradise City). I'm a big GnR fan and when I listen to them I rarely put that particular song on. But if I'm at a party and it comes on I'll be bouncing away to it and similarly every hardcore fan who was at London a couple of weeks ago seeing them would have went mental had they not played it even though it's likely not their favourite song.

When somebody told me earlier that dogs poop in a north-south alignment, I thought a) that they were a Hedgecutter-type wind-up as a bit of payback, and b) it would be a good one to steal for the Facts You made Up thread. 

However, seems it's true:  https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/jan/08/dogs-defecate-earths-magnetic-field-research-finds  

:blink:

10 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

I feel bad for the wee fella and his family, but not anymore so than I feel bad for any ill child and their respective families. It's good that Bradley has been able to do some great things but why haven't more terminally ill children been able to do these things? Why him? Same with the wee lad Jay Beattie. It's rubbish he's got a disability and it's great seeing him have the time of his life, but surely similar efforts can be made in similar cases?

See this is my issue, Accies have jumped on the Jay Beattie bandwagon a few times now and it's cringe inducing especially when there are plenty of disabled young Accies fans who aren't given half the treatment that Jay and his family have recieved from the club.

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Top Top:

Dog walkers, always leave your dog shit strewn across footpaths and public parks as a handy compass for people coming home drunk from the pub.

It's 'Top Tip', you stupid dick.

Seen this today whilst driving through Germany:lol:
It means something along the lines of We Find You or We search for you but even then[emoji38]

IMG_0728.thumb.JPG.f42fbd70762de27b7a5e1e2b7230adaa.JPG

Reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday about a Hungarian woman called Fanny Kiss. Got a business-related email from her years ago and thought it was a blatant windup. Scotland must be a rage-inducing place to live for her.