Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

27 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Possibly answered your own question, there. 

I know I used to need at least 4 or 5 Stellas if out to lunch at a Frankie and Benny’s etc. Some places have a limit on the number of pints a parent can consume IIRC.

Saw a dead pigeon on my walk home from work yesterday. Nothing nasty; it just looked like it had just carked it while on the roof above and dropped to the street below.

The image that's stuck in my mind, however, is that of its mate nudging it with its head in the hope that it was going to wake up. I stopped to watch for a while, and it even wandered off to pick up some scraps from the road, before bringing them back and dropping them next to the body.

Am I a massive wuss for feeling a bit miserable about this today?

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Aye. Pigeons are fucking rats with wings

I've known a few folk who kept rats, and they're quite affectionate pets, so I don't think that's quite the insult you meant it as.

29 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Saw a dead pigeon on my walk home from work yesterday. Nothing nasty; it just looked like it had just carked it while on the roof above and dropped to the street below.

The image that's stuck in my mind, however, is that of its mate nudging it with its head in the hope that it was going to wake up. I stopped to watch for a while, and it even wandered off to pick up some scraps from the road, before bringing them back and dropping them next to the body.

Am I a massive wuss for feeling a bit miserable about this today?

I hope a pigeon does that for me when I drop dead. 

Hmmmm well aye, okay. I however have no sympathy for pigeons all the same. We have problems with them nesting at my work, we have had to write stock off because of droppings. A few pest control guys have been in, so hopefully it will end soon.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I hope a pigeon does that for me when I drop dead. 

They'd have your eyes out within minutes. Waste not, want not.

TBF, that's also true of rats, cats, dugs, and Fifers.

5 minutes ago, philpy said:

Hmmmm well aye, okay. I however have no sympathy for pigeons all the same. We have problems with them nesting at my work, we have had to write stock off because of droppings. A few pest control guys have been in, so hopefully it will end soon.

Godspeed, young Philpy.

BestDrearyBluefish-size_restricted.gif

18 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I have just noticed that Kaiserlautern who won the Bundesliga twice in the nineties are sitting mid table in the 3rd tier of German football.   They didn't even go into admin ffs.

I have a mate who lives close by, has followed them since he was a kid and goes to games regularly. Apparently they're still pulling in huge crowds, even in the lower leagues. I took him to a Colorado Rapids game when he was over here visiting and it was almost comically embarrassing. 

On 21/04/2019 at 09:55, Tynierose said:

I have just noticed that Kaiserlautern who won the Bundesliga twice in the nineties are sitting mid table in the 3rd tier of German football.   They didn't even go into admin ffs.

Very much the Raith Rovers (remember them?) of Germany.