Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Tom Meighan has left Kasabian. Hopefully he gets his shit together, gets healthy and, if he's into it, gives it another go. 

What happened to him? I haven't listened to them in years.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

What happened to him? I haven't listened to them in years.

Not sure, they've worded it (to me) that he's turned into an erratic drug user. He's come out and said he's fine and he'll be back soon. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not sure, they've worded it (to me) that he's turned into an erratic drug user. He's come out and said he's fine and he'll be back soon. 

He split with his Mrs and one of his friends died in the last few years which have had an effect on him. I always think if the front man leaves a band then that’s them finished, you can replace a drummer or a bassist but without the front man they can’t be the same band.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

He split with his Mrs and one of his friends died in the last few years which have had an effect on him. I always think if the front man leaves a band then that’s them finished, you can replace a drummer or a bassist but without the front man they can’t be the same band.

AC/DC got bigger and better. 

have never seen Hamilton but I recently saw this article elsewhere and liked it, thought I would share it because I'm always a fan of anything in the same scathing spirit as that Kermode review where he rips Sex and the City 2 to pieces.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

A few highlights:

"Thus Hamilton’s superficial diversity lets its almost entirely white audience feel good about watching it: no guilt for seeing dead white men in a positive light required. Now, The New York Times can delight in the novel incongruousness of “a Thomas Jefferson who swaggers like the Time’s Morris Day, sings like Cab Calloway and drawls like a Dirty South trap-rapper.” Indeed, it does take some getting used to, because the actual Thomas Jefferson raped slaves."

"The musical flatters both right and left sensibilities. Conservatives get to see their beloved Founding Fathers exonerated for their horrendous crimes, and liberals get to have nationalism packaged in a feel-good multicultural form. The more troubling questions about the country’s origins are instantly vanished, as an era built on racist forced labor is transformed into a colorful, culturally progressive, and politically unobjectionable extravaganza."

"Contemporary progressivism has come to mean papering over material inequality with representational diversity. The president will continue to expand the national security state at the same rate as his predecessor, but at least he will be black. Predatory lending will drain the wealth from African American communities, but the board of Goldman Sachs will have several black members. Inequality will be rampant and worsening, but the 1% will at least “look like America.” The actual racial injustices of our time will continue unabated, but the power structure will be diversified so that nobody feels quite so bad about it. Hamilton is simply this tendency’s cultural-historical equivalent; instead of worrying ourselves about the brutal origins of the American state, and the lasting economic effects of those early inequities, we can simply turn the Founding Fathers black and enjoy the show."

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

@BigFatTabbyDave here is the genuine equivalent of a Starbar here in Germany. A bit pricey in the Esso at €1.59 but worth every (2 large) mouthfuls. 

106985647_644483369746170_794802886526197921_n.jpg

That's a much better, and more accurate, name for such a delicious slice of delight.

I'm off to chew on a brussel sprout and pretend it's made of peanut, caramel, vagina, and chocolate.

8 hours ago, Empty It said:

Obama roasting Trump is one of my favourite things on the internet, everyone has probably seen it but just feel the need to share again.

It is outstanding but a lot of talk is that is what motivated the Donald to properly run for the White House, so we can safely say it’s baracks fault. 

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's a much better, and more accurate, name for such a delicious slice of delight.

I'm off to chew on a brussel sprout and pretend it's made of peanut, caramel, vagina, and chocolate.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I suppose they did. I can’t imagine Kasabian carrying on without him though. 

I doubt they will too. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

They got bigger but imo the Bon Scott era stuff is superior to Brian Johnson's. 

I like both era’s.

AC/DC got bigger and better. 

They fucking did not you moron!

Maybe “bigger” but Brian Johnson screams like a degenerate geordie donkey getting raped and the lyrical quality fell off a cliff!

Six people who dared to go bare on the shores of an Italian lake have been given big fines for outraging public decency.

The six, all men aged 43 to 68, were each given fines of €3,333 (£3,000; $3,750).

The Corriere website noted that it was not just masks that the six nudists had failed to wear.

Condoms?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53320350