Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Just ordered the De Hard box set - just in case anyone was curious the correct order of quality goes - 3,1,2 with 4 and 5 both equally  pish.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Just ordered the De Hard box set - just in case anyone was curious the correct order of quality goes - 3,1,2 with 4 and 5 both equally  pish.

Its 1 3 2

1,3,2 is the correct answer here.

I miss my annual argument with @forehead7 over the fact Die Hard is a Christmas film. It is and I will not hear otherwise.

Samuel L Jackson is obviously outstanding as angry black man.

It'll never not be funny that George Lucas cast him in Star Wars and had him play a reserved and placid Jedi.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In Inverness this = 🍀🐘

lol. 

Fine observation there. Olyphant is a great actor and bad guy but not a patch on Jeremy irons/ Alan Rickman.

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

1,3,2 is the correct answer here.

I miss my annual argument with @forehead7 over the fact Die Hard is a Christmas film. It is and I will not hear otherwise.

3 is the best one as it completely reinvents itself whilst still keeping John McLean the same. I love all the touring round New York they do solving puzzles and the inclusion of Samuel L Jackson and his relationship with McLean is superb. 3 definitely isn’t a Christmas film though. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Fine observation there. Olyphant is a great actor and bad guy but not a patch on Jeremy irons/ Alan Rickman.

3 is the best one as it completely reinvents itself whilst still keeping John McLean the same. I love all the touring round New York they do solving puzzles and the inclusion of Samuel L Jackson and his relationship with McLean is superb. 3 definitely isn’t a Christmas film though

Quite an astute observation there.

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

And the water would be frozen and be impossible to measure.

Yeah and the ice wouldn’t make Bruce Willis burst out of the manhole into the air. 

Also the drive through Central Park wouldn’t have worked because all of the Christmas decorations.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

4 and 5 are both alright in fairness. 4 is pretty much cyber wars with Timothy Olyphant as the bad guy and in 5 he managed to blow a helicopter up with a motorbike.

I have never met anyone who rated the second one higher than 1 or 3, it’s not even a bad film either. 

No, that's also in 4.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, that's also in 4.

Oh dear. I watched both in the cinema and can’t remember anything about the 5 th one which I watched when I was in Sydney in 2013. We had one of those gold passes when waiters bought food and drink to your seat which is probably why I forgot the entire film.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Sure mate.

You're punching a bit above your weight, and height, there.

That the kind of thing you were looking for? 

Na I'm a fat f**k in this lockdown era tbh. I was more referring to your tiny wee trotters

Die Hard 3 was fun, but being called as better than the original is an appalling shout. Dear God, man.

Four was so bad that I still haven't seen the fifth one. That killed the franchise off for me.