Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Trying to eat healthier breakfasts as going by the NHS website my current choices are not. So I tried to make porridge this morning, followed the box instructions exactly and it was runny as f**k, fired more oats in and put it back in the microwave. This time the bowl overflowed with roasting hot slop I managed to burn myself with and coupling that with having to clean the microwave now I was pretty angry about it all, probably increasing my blood pressure. Moral of the story is I should have just eaten the fucking crunchy nut cornflakes. 

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Trying to eat healthier breakfasts as going by the NHS website my current choices are not. So I tried to make porridge this morning, followed the box instructions exactly and it was runny as f**k, fired more oats in and put it back in the microwave. This time the bowl overflowed with roasting hot slop I managed to burn myself with and coupling that with having to clean the microwave now I was pretty angry about it all, probably increasing my blood pressure. Moral of the story is I should have just eaten the fucking crunchy nut cornflakes. 

If it helps, half a cup of oats, 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Pinch of salt. On the hob and stir gently for about 5 -6 minutes or until it looks the way you like. Works every time. 

If you wear a Fitbit, the stirring adds to your steps as well 😉

21 minutes ago, thistledo said:

You don't need to add more oats if it's runny, just give it longer in the microwave. I use the sachets and give it three and a half minutes (750w).

34 minutes ago, thistledo said:

1. Make it on the fucking hob. 

2. However much oats are in pot, fill upto that level with cold water and then top with a touch of milk. 

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Clearing out the garden and saw a wee pile of frog spawn. Being the sensitive animal lover I am I didn't have the heart to chuck them in the skip. Thankfully the mother was close by and I managed to scoop the eggs and frog up and put them in the nearby field and completed my good deed for the day. A wee while later I spotted another frog and took it to the same place. The eggs I had left earlier were gone. And so I'm now wondering if the first frog has taken the eggs away to hide or if I had the mother the second time and the first frog was an intruder who has just got a free meal.

Don't move frogs. It can spread the chytrid plague. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.arguk.org/info-advice/advice-notes/324-advice-note-4-amphibian-disease-precautions-a-guide-for-uk-fieldworkers-pdf-2/file&ved=2ahUKEwit3ujevfLrAhWSiVwKHUphDOQQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0AcvWs_y6XttnTf5hU9gSF

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Heading away on my main 2020  holiday tomorrow that I hate to admit has been driven by and planned around the purchase of a fresh, hot Stephen's bridie. 

The other half thinks it's all about getting to stay in a castle, but it was the only decent available hotel  that was within a reasonable distance of a Stephen's outlet that's open on a Sunday. 

Day 1. Straight in

20200918_131527.thumb.jpg.2b0c29776bccfce8440379c4cf363416.jpg

Porridge is a fucking delight. Persevere man, it's worth it.

Sack the microwave for starters, get a wee pot, half a pint of cold water, a handful of porridge and get it on the cooker. 3 or 4 minutes and yeeha.

I'm going against the tide here. Porridge is easy in any method but I always choose the microwave. I have no idea of quantities as I do it by eye now (that's how good I am). On the other hand, don't start me about microwave scrambled eggs.
Isn't life strange?
Microwave scrambled eggs are ok, just ok, if you're willing to stop the process every 30 seconds and give them a wee stir.

Never quite be hob-a-like though.

Didn't expect many people to actually respond to this, thoroughly microwaved shamed here. I normally don't cook anything in it. I can actually cook as well, I make incredibly good lasagne and bolognese dishes, honest. 

Missus ended up making me it this morning, but tomorrow the hob shall be used. 

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Day 1. Straight in

20200918_131527.thumb.jpg.2b0c29776bccfce8440379c4cf363416.jpg

😍 Wid. That looks glorious!  Miss Stephens produce. Their sausage rolls are sorely underrated and just this week @Chicken Wing informed me of a rather fantastic sounding broccoli and cheese pie that I shall have to sample at the next available opportunity.

Sadly the nearest place I can get Stephens stuff is the Co-op in Tayport. However I shall be passing through Tayport next week so may need to visit that Co-op and relieve them of all their Stephens produce.