Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I have something that is both a reason to be cheerful but simultaneously a petty thing that has got on my nerves because of the new restrictions today.

RTBC: Booked to eat at Andrew Fairlie (unbelievably booked for two meals in it due to previous restrictions, so getting to Earth there twice in 2 days).

PTTGOMN: New restrictions mean that rather than a nice wine, I’ll have to pair each course of the tasting menu with a different fucking fruit juice. Not quite the experience I was hoping for.

I have something that is both a reason to be cheerful but simultaneously a petty thing that has got on my nerves because of the new restrictions today.
RTBC: Booked to eat at Andrew Fairlie (unbelievably booked for two meals in it due to previous restrictions, so getting to Earth there twice in 2 days).
PTTGOMN: New restrictions mean that rather than a nice wine, I’ll have to pair each course of the tasting menu with a different fucking fruit juice. Not quite the experience I was hoping for.

Not sure if you’ve been before, but the food is sensational. 3 or 4 years since I was there, and Andrew came round the tables for a quick chat at the end of the night. He came across as a thoroughly decent guy, tragic that he died in such a horrible way.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Not sure if you’ve been before, but the food is sensational. 3 or 4 years since I was there, and Andrew came round the tables for a quick chat at the end of the night. He came across as a thoroughly decent guy, tragic that he died in such a horrible way.

Nah not been before, and twice in 2 days is definitely overly indulgent but if I didn’t then someone else would’ve missed out. Tough gig but someone has to do it...

As I say, still really looking forward to it, but a bit of a kick in the teeth that we can’t sit and have a glass of wine with the meal.

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nah not been before, and twice in 2 days is definitely overly indulgent but if I didn’t then someone else would’ve missed out. Tough gig but someone has to do it...

As I say, still really looking forward to it, but a bit of a kick in the teeth that we can’t sit and have a glass of wine with the meal.

Do they not have outside tables with big burners? If not you could nip out between courses for a quick swally. Gourmets have to be adaptable.

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’ll love it. Been three time and did the wine flight once. Wouldn’t do the wine again, you’re not missing much. All about the food, believe me. 

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Basically what Rugster said. I didn’t  have wine when I was there because I can’t stand wine, plus I was driving. Food is incredible.

Edited by 8MileBU

I have posted about the sad loss of my Six by Nico booking and am choosing to take this as you rubbing it in [emoji53]

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Hopkins, O'Neill, Patel I reckon.

I'd swap Hopkins with the woman bottom left whose name escapes me. The likes of Hopkins and poor Tommy have already pretty well fired themselves into the Sun, or some internet dungeon.