Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Wasn't fussed about going in to town to get a flu jag because I'm not old, but am deciding to now just so I'm not one of those 'no show' c***s (now that I've only decided at the last minute).  Then I realised that I'm half looking forward to it as an opportunity to get out of the house and buy a nice new pair of slippers in-store, and therefore probably in dire need of a flu jag.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Dear old Dickie Attenborough played a suitably creepy John Christie in "10 Rillington Place"

Attenborough was the only cast member to be filmed in the actual property for that film - the scene where he's watching the coppers from behind the net curtains, he's standing in the actual house (possibly the same room) where Christie committed his offences. That wee bit of trivia still sends a shiver up me - I reckon demolition, á la 25 Cromwell Street, would have been more appropriate. Not sure 10 Rillington could have been knocked down, mind - I have an image of an EOT property butting up against a wall/viduct on its other side.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Just saw a wildcat.

I saw one on Monday.  I was walking along and my other half pointed one out which was walking along a branch and lay down to chew on some bit of meat.  Black tip of the tail, bad-ass face with big white whiskers, clearly not a domestic tabby.  Kind of expected from the wildcat enclosure at the Scottish deer centre, mind.

26 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I was out with the dogs earlier and saw a pissed-off squirrel.

I saw this squirrel in Dunfermline before heading across to the deer centre.  He looked more perplexed than pissed-off though, although he might have been the latter after I'd buggered off without feeding him (somehow I think he'll be just fine this coming winter)

1881052448_PXL_20210927_1236391153.thumb.jpg.9e172290cd750064632375236ae5f0fa.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 16/04/2021 at 20:39, Jacksgranda said:

The two lambs in our back garden are proving to be of great interest to the cows in the neighbouring field.

That's the three of them away, they're sheep now of course. Grandson carried two of them down and the third one followed behind him.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Will you be getting them back in their roast format?

Not for a day or two, they're away to his cousin's house, she has an even bigger back garden than we have, and her grass needs cut. I'm not sure putting sheep into a field/garden with grass up to their oxters is a sensible idea or not, I always thought sheep were good for keeping grass cropped, but not for getting it down to a croppable level, but I'm no farmer.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I saw one on Monday.  I was walking along and my other half pointed one out which was walking along a branch and lay down to chew on some bit of meat.  Black tip of the tail, bad-ass face with big white whiskers, clearly not a domestic tabby.  Kind of expected from the wildcat enclosure at the Scottish deer centre, mind.

But what was the wildcat like?

Edited by GordonD

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I saw this squirrel in Dunfermline before heading across to the deer centre.  He looked more perplexed than pissed-off though, although he might have been the latter after I'd buggered off without feeding him (somehow I think he'll be just fine this coming winter)

1881052448_PXL_20210927_1236391153.thumb.jpg.9e172290cd750064632375236ae5f0fa.jpg

The squirrels round our neck of the woods (and we do have actual woods) are getting seriously bolshy recently. They used to shoot off up the nearest tree whenever they saw someone (or someone's dog) on the horizon. Now they just look at you like, "what?". They've obviously worked out the top speed of yer average mutt and/or owner, and don't give much of a fúck about any threat we might pose. Furry little tree rat tw@s.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Oi mate, want some skunk?