Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If people want Jesus to return then they’ve got to donate more.

What are you waiting for you heathens?

https://www.indy100.com/news/evangelical-pastor-jesus-return-donate-money-b1926227

That's pretty standard TBH.

John Oliver did a nice bit about how hard the American Christians have fought to equate money with favour from God. And by "nice", I mean, "sickening and disgusting".

Worth bearing in mind that these people also operate in the UK to a lesser degree.

On 25/09/2021 at 17:08, Mr. Alli said:

Seen on Twitter my mate got sent off today so text him to wind him up. He was sent off (second yellow) for flicking the ball up and headering it back to his own keeper. :lol:

Screenshot_2021-09-25-17-09-31-90_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.thumb.jpg.849befea8b282be0ec24c021fe9c11c9.jpg

On 25/09/2021 at 17:24, Mark Connolly said:

That's been in the laws for ages. IIRC it's something along the lines of "using a deliberate trick to circumvent the passback rule".

Yeah, that's not hard done by, it's a very straightforward yellow card.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I might have missed this already being posted, but the BBC are making a documentary with Steve Coogan playing one of Britain's greatest BEASTS.

Surprisingly, the reaction to the story hasn't all been positive and supportive of their decision...

He says it wasn't an easy decision to play the part. But the zeros on the end of the fee swung it.

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I might have missed this already being posted, but the BBC are making a documentary with Steve Coogan playing one of Britain's greatest BEASTS.

Surprisingly, the reaction to the story hasn't all been positive and supportive of their decision...

David Tennant got an award for playing Denis Neilsen and there have been docudramas about Harold Shipman (with James Bolam) and other mass killers. Maybe it's because Savile got away with it?

33 minutes ago, GordonD said:

David Tennant got an award for playing Denis Neilsen and there have been docudramas about Harold Shipman (with James Bolam) and other mass killers. Maybe it's because Savile got away with it?

I think it’s partly because it’s the BBC making it.

They weren’t exactly forthcoming first time around…

28 minutes ago, GordonD said:

While there have been impressive performances from the likes of Jamie Fox (Ray Charles), Will Smith (Muhammed Ali), Chadwick Boseman (James Brown), among others, where the actor almost becomes the character portrayed, it's the wrong'uns which attract the really spooky portrayals.

Watching Des, you could easily have been watching a younger Neilsen. A superb performance by Tennant who, as far as I know, never met the old monster. Dominic West also turned in a scarily accurate portrayal of his namesake Fred in Appropriate Adult, deservedly winning a BAFTA for the role. (Emily Watson also got one for the title role).

Then there's the ultimate - Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornoz in Monster. Watch this, followed by Aileen- Life and Death of a Serial Killer, and it is honestly incredible how accurate Theron's portrayal is. A handy reminder that picking up hitchhikers can be just as risky as hitching itself.

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Alistair McGowan might be sufficiently incensed to go on a killing spree.

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Coogan has already played Savile on the Telly, kind of. Alan Partridge briefly did an ill advised impression. 

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

While there have been impressive performances from the likes of Jamie Fox (Ray Charles), Will Smith (Muhammed Ali), Chadwick Boseman (James Brown), among others, where the actor almost becomes the character portrayed, it's the wrong'uns which attract the really spooky portrayals.

Watching Des, you could easily have been watching a younger Neilsen. A superb performance by Tennant who, as far as I know, never met the old monster. Dominic West also turned in a scarily accurate portrayal of his namesake Fred in Appropriate Adult, deservedly winning a BAFTA for the role. (Emily Watson also got one for the title role).

Then there's the ultimate - Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornoz in Monster. Watch this, followed by Aileen- Life and Death of a Serial Killer, and it is honestly incredible how accurate Theron's portrayal is. A handy reminder that picking up hitchhikers can be just as risky as hitching itself.

Dear old Dickie Attenborough played a suitably creepy John Christie in "10 Rillington Place"

8 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Dominic West also turned in a scarily accurate portrayal of his namesake Fred in Appropriate Adult, deservedly winning a BAFTA for the role.

I'd forgotten about that one. I was trying to remember if they'd done a Fred and Rose drama.

Closer to Savile, Robbie Coltraine played a fictional TV personality who was accused of sexual assault. He was a Savile-like figure in that nobody could believe he had done it and he was eventually cleared,

Spoiler

though it turned out he had done it after all.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not seen this masterpiece?

Eraserhead Review | Movie - Empire

Naah....

Seen a few dodgy VHS videos in my time but this doesn't sound like my mug o' pish.

Reception[edit]

Upon Eraserhead's release, Variety offered a negative review, calling it "a sickening bad-taste exercise".[52] The review expressed incredulity over the film's long gestation and described its finale as unwatchable.[52] Comparing Eraserhead to Lynch's next film The Elephant Man, Tom Buckley of The New York Times wrote that while the latter was a well-made film with an accomplished cast, the former was not. Buckley called Eraserhead "murkily pretentious", and wrote that the film's horror aspects stemmed solely from the appearance of the deformed child rather than from its script or performances.