Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Fuel supplies: Mortar tanker tailed by drivers looking for petrol - BBC News

They had the cheek to complain that he didn't stop and explain that he wasn't carrying petrol! But just think of all the petrol they wasted by following him...

Driving a mortar tank and being followed by 20 cars.  He was probably bricking it.

On 01/10/2021 at 19:06, Florentine_Pogen said:

Seeing as you're all mad as hatters tonight, here's a wee snapshot of a rather special shop in Mrs. FP's hometown.

Cincinnati, eh? Keep her well away from @Meldrew, especially if she rides a bike.

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there anything that causes more passive aggressive tension than train seat reservations?

Always enjoyed it when the electronic ticket reservation system failed on the London-Aberdeen Virgin train (not just because it benefits reservationless me). All-out "well he's in my seat, get him to move first" carnage.

Say what you want about the Archaic 'bit of cardboard in the top of a seat' approach, but at least it works.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Hardly been on for days so just catching up now. Sorry for the days late reply but on hats, it reminds me of something from my youth. 

My dad would go on fishing tournaments. Police forces would organise tournaments against each other - the old Scottish constabularies had a championship. The best anglers went in to the UK police fishing championships, and dad was on the Scotland team. These were social affairs and often the teams would give each other little gifts like bottles of whisky, hats and the like.

I was working for Somerfield in Alloa and it was Christmastime. I had got a shift doing overtime collecting trolleys from the car part but the weather was miserable so I borrowed a baseball cap of my dad's (without asking him). All shift long people were giving me some very, very iffy looks. I couldn't work it out until I got home and dad saw me with his "Royal Ulster Constabulary" baseball cap on.

Apparently they were an unpopular Irish band who later broke up over creative differences.  

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Our shower broke last week, forcing me to have a bath every day instead.  Don't know why I haven't had them much before, it's brilliant*.

*will probably change my mind when the gas bill comes in.

Top Tip: Eat beans beforehand and enjoy a jacuzzi