Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 02/11/2021 at 11:05, ICTChris said:

I was walking through a shopping area yesterday during lunchtime and a bunch of school kids shouted at me that I look like Gordon Ramsay. Unsure if this is good or bad.

What, no "have any other P&Bers been twinned with a celebrity by young ruffians from the local borstal?"

Last time that happened to me, it was the Undertaker, if you're interested.

Thought not.

20 hours ago, BFTD said:

What, no "have any other P&Bers been twinned with a celebrity by young ruffians from the local borstal?"

Last time that happened to me, it was the Undertaker, if you're interested.

Thought not.

I spent the Millennium celebrations in Edinburgh. It was an all-nighter and I was there with my mates. 

In the morning I went home. My sister was staying with us over the new year period, and had been out that morning to buy the newspapers. She and my folks were waiting for me when I came in, with the paper open on the table. 

"You made the paper!" they said excitedly. Well, mum wasn't so excited but dad and my sister were. There in the pages was a double page picture of guy who looked quite like me battering the gums in to some lassie. I had to disappoint them and let them know it wasn't me.

Have any other P&Bers been twinned with a non-celebrity by their family on a special occasion in the past? 

28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I spent the Millennium celebrations in Edinburgh. It was an all-nighter and I was there with my mates. 

In the morning I went home. My sister was staying with us over the new year period, and had been out that morning to buy the newspapers. She and my folks were waiting for me when I came in, with the paper open on the table. 

"You made the paper!" they said excitedly. Well, mum wasn't so excited but dad and my sister were. There in the pages was a double page picture of guy who looked quite like me battering the gums in to some lassie. I had to disappoint them and let them know it wasn't me.

Have any other P&Bers been twinned with a non-celebrity by their family on a special occasion in the past? 

Dunfermline town centre introduced a trial of CCTV one Hogmanay. Probably about 1994. As part of the town centre management, my dad got invited in to the police station to review sone footage and a general debrief early in the new year. He was squirming/raging as the young yob they focused on was 15 y/o me as swigged vodka, got off with various local hags etc. 

3 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Two of the Mrs’s three former bosses have died in the last week. The sole survivor is me (though I’m half the age of them). 

Between the bevvying, the fags, the caffeine, your constant unfortunate accidents and now this, I don't think it would be a stretch to say you're probably immortal.

Congratulations 

On 16/10/2021 at 14:07, Paul Kersey said:

I enjoy looking at random places around the world on Google maps and Street view. I just looked Keith (the town in Moray , not some random fellah called Keith) and was surprised to see that it is a near perfect grid of streets, more like an American city than a small teuchter settlement.

Screenshot_20211016-140022.thumb.png.67cc74f4e2b32e52949dcb1c4e766ad6.png

Here's the latest update from my global Google odyssey.

I just encountered this pair of wanks lurking down a back alley in Melbourne...

Screenshot_20211105-175031.thumb.png.e98c0c6f13556bff04679bd086ab7d7a.png

Two of the Mrs’s three former bosses have died in the last week. The sole survivor is me (though I’m half the age of them). 
I am now confused AF. Many moons ago Shandz, I seem to remember one of your posts where you stated that you had married your boss (or maybe it was ex-boss) who is 8 yrs your senior.
Now you say that you were the gaffer.
Maybe I'm just a thick bassa who is hard of understanding..........

56 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There's supermarket garlic with "one of your five a day" on it. The small print indicates you need to consume 80g worth to get your 1/5.

The whole five a day thing is nonsense anyway, but this seems to be taking the piss.

There have been people complaining about this since the government started promoting the whole "5 a Day" thing. I think the whole notion is very much a "better than nothing" scheme.

I remember hearing that the Japanese recommend up to 13 of our portion sizes of fruit & veg every day, and I've seen five-a-day referred to as the bare minimum if you definitely want to try to avoid dying horribly at some point  :lol: