Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

US Congress passed a bill this week, declaring that the tomato paste on school pizzas (so the frozen pizzas) is a vegetable. This was in response to President Obama's attempts to make school lunches healthier.

So there you have it, pizza is now one of your five a day.

Back in the mists of time, there were some great threads on P&B reviewing the latest entrants to Miss West Lothian (or similar) much in the same vein as the Horrific Club Photos thread.

Surely these competitions haven't seen such a rise in the calibre of candidates in the last few years that they don't still hold fantastic comedic potential?

Was watching Hobo with a shotgun the other day. Thought the tune over the end credits was familiar, a quick perusal through youtube revealed it to be the old theme song from the racoons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVe1NkQA78

A couple of points. That theme song is actually a pretty good 80s rock ballad effort on it's own merits. I also recall that you had to be up really fucking early to catch the racoons, back in the day when you still had the BBC test card!

But mainly, a quick swatch at the video brings the following observation - you have all these animals, racoons, pigs, aardvarks (I think) interacting, walking, talking, fighting over the forest etc, etc. There was even a sheepdog dad and his kid, and the thing is, right - the dad like the other animals is an anthropomorthic personification yeah, but the kid dog is just, well, a dog - all fours, barking, yapping - is he just slow, or are human attributes only something that happens at puberty in the racoon world - and why is their a clip in that youtube video of ralph racoon in a night shirt when he is content to wonder about naked apart from a scarf, eh, eh?

Was watching Hobo with a shotgun the other day. Thought the tune over the end credits was familiar, a quick perusal through youtube revealed it to be the old theme song from the racoons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVe1NkQA78

A couple of points. That theme song is actually a pretty good 80s rock ballad effort on it's own merits. I also recall that you had to be up really fucking early to catch the racoons, back in the day when you still had the BBC test card!

But mainly, a quick swatch at the video brings the following observation - you have all these animals, racoons, pigs, aardvarks (I think) interacting, walking, talking, fighting over the forest etc, etc. There was even a sheepdog dad and his kid, and the thing is, right - the dad like the other animals is an anthropomorthic personification yeah, but the kid dog is just, well, a dog - all fours, barking, yapping - is he just slow, or are human attributes only something that happens at puberty in the racoon world - and why is their a clip in that youtube video of ralph racoon in a night shirt when he is content to wonder about naked apart from a scarf, eh, eh?

Hobo With A Shotgun and The Raccoons are both fucking brilliant.

Back in the mists of time, there were some great threads on P&B reviewing the latest entrants to Miss West Lothian (or similar) much in the same vein as the Horrific Club Photos thread.

Surely these competitions haven't seen such a rise in the calibre of candidates in the last few years that they don't still hold fantastic comedic potential?

There was an old woman in the last Face of Fife(?) competition in the FFP.

She could quite easily have won it if readers had a sense of humour and voted in their masses for her. That'd have been brilliant.

I have a job interview in McDonald's next Tuesday. ph34r.gif

My sources inform me that you were successful. Congratulations! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I noticed that you have already announced it in the RTBC thread. My bad. ph34r.gif

Edited by Sooky

I just had a quick wee look through my followers on my @SPLstats account on Twitter, and I noticed that at least a couple of footballers are following me. Stevie Hammell and Michael McGovern both jumped out amongst the names.

More bizarrely than that, ex-USA World Cup star Eric Wynalda follows me.

Killie's left-back turned central midfielder turned bus driver Garry Hay has also followed me now. I'm honoured. 8)