Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

IKEA really aren’t afraid of making fun of themselves…VÅRKÄNSLA Milk Chocolate Bunny, Self-Assembly…complete with instructions.

IMG_0614.thumb.jpeg.1d5c847bce8d4748882252a379816ed2.jpegIMG_0615.thumb.jpeg.5c0aa5d8b3d5ccf796cd6d7eac122bdf.jpeg

With my luck if I bought one of those there'd be a bit missing.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

How many boxes did you buy?

On sale, $1.99 vice $5.99…just two to see what it was like. When opened, the included directions made it clear IKEA was poking fun at themselves, a flat-pack choco bunny is just so on point.

On 14/09/2023 at 14:32, Hedgecutter said:

I've got a few weeks of spare time and fancy a trip to Amsterdam, partly because there are handy direct flights from Aberdeen and I'm running out of interesting things to do.  Trouble is, most of my friends are at work when I'm off, my other half has already been to Amsterdam, and travelling there solo even for non-seedy purposes will undoubtedly be perceived as high-level OFTW behaviour.  What to do???

Go for it! Amsterdam is brilliant, yes the centre is overrun with tourists but there are plenty of neighbourhoods and parks where you can avoid the crowds, just don't walk on the red pavement or I'll ring my bell at you and call you a klootzak.

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

Go for it! Amsterdam is brilliant, yes the centre is overrun with tourists but there are plenty of neighbourhoods and parks where you can avoid the crowds, just don't walk on the red pavement or I'll ring my bell at you and call you a klootzak.

Agreed. Only need to go one or two streets away from the main area and you end up in some fantastic, local quiet areas. Found a great wee pub last time on the corner of 2 streets. Locals just enjoying a beer on the street corner with a village feel. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Agreed. Only need to go one or two streets away from the main area and you end up in some fantastic, local quiet areas. Found a great wee pub last time on the corner of 2 streets. Locals just enjoying a beer on the street corner with a village feel. 

Yeah there are some great pubs, my personal favourites are Cafe Gollem on the Raamsteeg and In de Wildeman.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That gets tricky when the pavements are blocked with parked bikes..

That's very much a thing of the past nowadays in the centre, they've really clamped down and introduced bike parking areas, if you leave your bike in a non designated area there's a good chance it won't be there when you get back to it as they'll cut the lock and take it away, occasionally stepping onto the cycle lane is fine as long as you look what's coming and don't step out like a total idiot.

Edited by stevieKTID

2 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Are such areas much different to Delft, Rijswijk or Groningen? I've been these places before, just not the tourist trap which must Shirley have something else about it to make it what it is.

14 minutes ago, Ken Ickie said:

Two men/boys shagging in a trap in Wetherspoons, Cork. Might take me four Jaipurs at EUR 1.95 in order to regain my composure.....on number two now.....

This requires far more explanation than it gets.