Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We've bought one as a Christmas present for someone. It's much heavier than I thought, it'll  be like having sleep paralysis.

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

Exactly as it sounds, it contains material to make it heavier. Lots research into benefits for those who are neuro diverse.

Flip side is trauma experienced feeling as though pinned down.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/best-weighted-blankets/weighted-blanket-benefits#:~:text=Weighted blankets use deep pressure,help improve overall sleep quality.

Never heard of it but it's a right strange concept for me. Reticent to make any sort of wise crack about them though, given RH33's link.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We've bought one as a Christmas present for someone. It's much heavier than I thought, it'll  be like having sleep paralysis.

Read RH33’s link and saw they recommend 10% of the sleepers body weight for the blanket weight…I knew they were “heavier” than a normal blanket, but…

Guaranteed that nobody buying weighted blankets has a cat.

Many's the time I've woken up struggling to breathe with one of them perched on my chest, perturbed that my impending death has disturbed their sleep.

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Life Rule No. 17 - 'Don't Log On To Amazon Whilst Pished.'

Made some terrible purchases whilst pished but the best was a soft top roof for my car for a fiver, which I forgot about until the boy turned up at my door the next day.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Never heard of it but it's a right strange concept for me. Reticent to make any sort of wise crack about them though, given RH33's link.

I've no skin in this game. 

Shug like his duvet without weights so I doubt he'd be too chuffed if I ordered one for "his" bed!

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Don't buy weighted blankets off a guy in a pub.

I was in the Douglas Clubbie in Dundee yesterday - for those unaware it's a tad rough* - and somebody come in with 4 bags off ill gotten goods. Ranging from underwear right up to a £80 bottle of aftershave. I felt emotional because I haven't seen such things since I left being g a mam of the people and started drinking in more salubrious surroundings. Will be back.

Spoiler

Saturday night there was a rumble. Boy got pool cue over his head. He then recieved a pool cue to his from the boy whose original pool cue it was. :lol:

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I was in the Douglas Clubbie in Dundee yesterday - for those unaware it's a tad rough* - and somebody come in with 4 bags off ill gotten goods. Ranging from underwear right up to a £80 bottle of aftershave. I felt emotional because I haven't seen such things since I left being g a mam of the people and started drinking in more salubrious surroundings. Will be back.

Hide contents

Saturday night there was a rumble. Boy got pool cue over his head. He then recieved a pool cue to his from the boy whose original pool cue it was. :lol:

You're a right hard b*****d to go to Douglas Clubbie.

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Reveal hidden contents

Its cant be classed as really bad until you have a guy coming in selling meat and crabsticks from the same warm poly bag............