Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, throbber said:

I was in a McColls in a questionable part of Edinburgh on Friday and was looking for some paracetamol on the medicine/health shelf and asked the young, corpulent female shop assistant if they had any and she responded with “nah we only have those ones that stop you from shitting and condoms today” whilst pointing to the Imodium and condoms on the shelf. 

All of Edinburgh is questionable

10 hours ago, throbber said:

I was in a McColls in a questionable part of Edinburgh on Friday and was looking for some paracetamol on the medicine/health shelf and asked the young, corpulent female shop assistant if they had any and she responded with “nah we only have those ones that stop you from shitting and condoms today” whilst pointing to the Imodium and condoms on the shelf. 

I think she likes you.

11 hours ago, throbber said:

The key to success in retail is knowing your market.

Spud_shits_on_the_sheet_Trainspotting_1080p.gif

Disappeared down a bit of a rabbit hole on TikTok today when I scrolled onto a video of a woman going bite for bite with her husband eating their dinner. 

Turns out it's a trend and v funny. 

1 minute ago, stimpy said:

Disappeared down a bit of a rabbit hole on TikTok today when I scrolled onto a video of a woman going bite for bite with her husband eating their dinner. 

Turns out it's a trend and v funny. 

giphy.gif

On 31/03/2024 at 05:32, Richey Edwards said:

I tried to purchase three packets each of paracetamol and ibuprofen yesterday and got rejected.

On 31/03/2024 at 05:42, throbber said:

You can only buy 2 per transaction.

Caused me an actual WTF moment when I looked this up. I just bought a 500 count Tylenol Extra Strength (paracetamol) bottle at Costco…and the ibuprofen is available there in twin packs of 500 count 200mg tablets bottles.

Why the limits?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Caused me an actual WTF moment when I looked this up. I just bought a 500 count Tylenol Extra Strength (paracetamol) bottle at Costco…and the ibuprofen is available there in twin packs of 500 count 200mg tablets bottles.

Why the limits?

Was it not because of people stockpiling it during lockdown? Also because we are becoming a nanny state.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Why the limits?

Just now, throbber said:

Was it not because of people stockpiling it during lockdown? Also because we are becoming a nanny state.

Limmy's show: Asking for paracetamol at pharmacy - YouTube

40 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Limmy's show: Asking for paracetamol at pharmacy - YouTube

Nanny state stuff ie people aren’t deemed intelligent enough to not impulsively overdose on too much paracetamol.

IMG_9688.jpeg

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Why the limits?

Must have a really sair heid.

The paracetamol limitation has been around for 10-15 years IIRC, and was brought in because people were overdosing on it both accidentally and deliberately.

The problem is that a double dose can be fatal to certain people in the right circumstances, as it's a lot more dangerous than people realise. I've no idea where they came up with the figure of 32 tablets from, considering that far fewer than that can pop you off.

Besides, all you really need is a 9V battery and a couple of bits of wire anyway.