Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I'm walking on bubble wrap.

I think i preferred Katrina and the Waves version tbh.

Spoiler

Yes you are now singing it aren't you?

Stop it immediately. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

I sleep in an over hundred year Thai house, no mod cons, nothing.  mattress is about 15cm thick on a wooden floor. Mosquito ned and fan.

Wake up when about sunrise every morning, no creeks or soreness.

it helps when it 27 degrees at 6am for sure.

However, when I do sleep in a hotel with aircon, mattress like cloud, I feel fucking shit the next day.

Maybe these 110 yo Monks talk shite, but over pampered it also shite.

Doesn't help Scotland weather  23 degrees here during January and my knuckles my hand started to seace. started a bonfire in the garden to heat up.

3 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

It gets worse. 

The noises I make putting socks on are ridiculous and if I have to tie my shoelaces after eating I sound like I'm being tortured.

My Mrs puts her socks on standing up. I've never seen anything like it. Given how clumsy she is her balance is pretty impressive. 

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I avoid that awful stiff feeling the next day by not playing 5s. 

Snap. Haven't kicked a fitba in over 5 years. My knees would always swell up the day after and at 28 if that's the damage after a light game of 5s then I dread to think what I'll be like when I'm older. Given the pain I would be in the next day I'd be lying if I said I missed it. 

8 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'll get about an hour until the stomach pain starts then a two or three hour period of gradually getting worse then it's emptying time. Usually right as rain about an hour after that. Apart from last Friday, felt like a wringed out sponge. 

Might be developing a lactose intolerance.

The inflection point seems to be when you start collapsing into chairs instead of sitting down, usually followed by a moderately loud exhalation. The horrific part is how long it takes you to realize you’re now doing it.

Full list of contributors: Joan Armatrading, Jeff Beck, Richard Bennett, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Brown, James Burton, Jonathan Cain, Paul Carrack, Eric Clapton, Ry Cooder, Jim Cox, Steve Cropper, Sheryl Crow, Danny Cummings, Roger Daltrey, Duane Eddy, Sam Fender, Guy Fletcher, Peter Frampton, Audley Freed, Vince Gill, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy, Keiji Haino, Tony Iommi, Joan Jett, John Jorgenson, Mark Knopfler, Sonny Landreth, Albert Lee, Greg Leisz, Alex Lifeson, Steve Lukather, Phil Manzanera, Dave Mason, Hank Marvin, Brian May, Robbie McIntosh, John McLaughlin, Tom Morello, Rick Nielsen, Orianthi, Brad Paisley, Nile Rodgers, Mike Rutherford, Joe Satriani, John Sebastian, Connor Selby, Slash, Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr and Zak Starkey, Sting, Andy Taylor, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, Ian Thomas, Pete Townshend, Keith Urban, Steve Vai, Waddy Wachtel, Joe Louis Walker, Joe Walsh, Ronnie Wood, Glenn Worf, Zucchero.

Edited by Newbornbairn

8 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

After 30 years of playing 5s on hard surfaces at least once a week, the noise my joints make when I get up the next morning sounds like I'm walking on bubble wrap.

I'm 50 and fairly active - play football twice a week (indoor 5s and outdoor 6s ) and cycle on average 20km a day for work my knees do make some mad clicking sounds from time to time but when I was doing office work around 15 years ago my knees felt like they were far worse probably because I was sitting on my arse all day, I've been taking turmeric capsules and CBD which seems to be taking the edge off the slow march towards death.

38 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Bloody hell.  Even Tebay services are only £5 for a roll on sausage! 

Why would you not put the sausage(s) in the roll?

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would you not put the sausage(s) in the roll?

The fur would get stuck in your teeth.

IMG_20240328_173840.jpg

Edited by RH33

Don't know if its a case of frequency illusion, but it seems like boomer 2.0.

Seems like all of my neighbours just got knocked up after covid.

Street is like a kindergarten. (It's not a tumour)