Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

48 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Not saying I'm old but the only things I recognise on that poster are the date and the venue ☹️

In fairness the majority of the DJs playing are now in their 50s. I'm 42 and will probably be around average age of attendee

46 minutes ago, thomas said:

Just took an all day heartburn tablet in preparation for going out drinking. Old age comes at you fast.

I haven't drank much in years as even a small amount of alcohol had started bringing on a migraine within an hour of consumption. Recently I started dabbling again and discovered that issue seems to have pretty much cleared up.

Now a pint leaves my stomach feeling like it's trying to eat its way out of my body so it can reach up and strangle me. Isn't middle-age great?

On 25/03/2024 at 10:43, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I hate to say it but that looks dryer than a nun's proverbial.

It looks like corned beef.

On 28/03/2024 at 04:38, carpetmonster said:

Aye, sounds familiar. I started getting that in my mid thirties, although if you want a bit of hope, it's never gotten any worse since then. Although everything else is fucked. A frozen shoulder because...I've no idea why, just my left shoulder decided it was going to be fucked...is still twanging a wee bit 8 days later. Sorry about shiteing all over the hope.

Well, you do live in Chicago...

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, you do live in Chicago...

Not even that! It only got properly cold for about a week around New Year this winter. It’s to be 21C on Monday according to the forecast. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A nuns proverbial looks like corned beef?

Ill take your word for it.

As a mate of mine once remarked about the nun who headmistress of his primary school - "It must have been eating the leg aff her".

Virgin Internet has been gubbed in our area for about a week, meaning any of their customers who subscribe to illicit sports streaming services that were hoping to watch the 3 o'clock kick offs through said service today is unable to do so, or so I've heard. I'd be pretty raging if it was me....

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A nuns proverbial looks like corned beef?

Ill take your word for it.

Only if she's been sitting too close to the fire.

Sitting in Edinburgh airport just now and the gate next to the one I'm waiting on has a flight to Geneva, atleast 15-20 people in different groups have all come sprinting to the gate which closed like 5 minutes ago, what are you doing in an airport that is important enough for that stress?

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

Sitting in Edinburgh airport just now and the gate next to the one I'm waiting on has a flight to Geneva, atleast 15-20 people in different groups have all come sprinting to the gate which closed like 5 minutes ago, what are you doing in an airport that is important enough for that stress?

Ching

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ll share this with P&B. I’d have left the daft fcukers out there. Maybe just me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm5r2n18dxro

I've said before, but on my first day of absolute power I'll be disbanding Rangers and Mountain Rescue. I'll be looking critically at sea rescue as well.

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've said before, but on my first day of absolute power I'll be disbanding Rangers and Mountain Rescue. I'll be looking critically at sea rescue as well.

Just as well you weren't around early in the last century... You never know when you might need to be rescued at sea.

Raith Rovers were shipwrecked off the Canary Islands in 1923. Possibly the Scottish football gods weren't pleased with the club for having had the temerity to introduce the ball into football training a couple of years earlier.

They had to be rescued by fishermen, but you can't rely on a fishing boat being around.