Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just had yet another reminder of how bad I am at making small talk.

I was the first one home tonight, and we had a card through the door to say that a parcel had been left with our neighbour Mr *****. These neighbours only moved in 3 weeks ago, and I had yet to meet any of them, apart from saying hello to the guy when I walked past their house and he was getting out of his car. Nonetheless, I went to collect the parcel and introduce myself, expecting that I would meet Mr ****. Instead, a girl of about 15 answered the door wearing her school uniform, and when she saw me she instantly picked up the parcel from next to the door and passed it over. I decided I should still introduce myself and ask her name. The conversation went downhill from there - as follows:

Me: "So, how many of you are there?"

Girl: "Erm, my mum, dad, wee brother and sister."

*short silence*

Me (noticing that school tie isn't the same as the local school): "So what school do you go to?"

Girl: "[name of school in nearby town]"

Me: "Oh, OK"

*long silence*

Me: "Erm, so have a good Christmas"

Giril: "OK bye".

I reckon the best case scenario is that she thinks I'm roughly her age and was chatting her up.

The slight worse one is that I'm her slightly strange neighbour who has trouble speaking to people. (This is probably the truth!)

The worst case scenario is that she thinks I'm some sort of sleazy paedo.

For those of you who have met me, or who saw me on TV, do I look like I could be school age, allowing scenario 1 to be true? Alternatively, do I look like a paedophile?

Edited by craigkillie

I was the first one home tonight, and we had a card through the door to say that a parcel had been left with our neighbour Mr *****. These neighbours only moved in 3 weeks ago, and I had yet to meet any of them, apart from saying hello to the guy when I walked past their house and he was getting out of his car. Nonetheless, I went to collect the parcel and introduce myself, expecting that I would meet Mr ****. Instead, a girl of about 15 answered the door wearing her school uniform, and when she saw me she instantly picked up the parcel from next to the door and passed it over. I decided I should still introduce myself and ask her name. The conversation went downhill from there - as follows:

*short silence*

Me (noticing that school tie isn't the same as the local school): "So what school do you go to?"

*long silence*

I reckon the best case scenario is that she thinks I'm roughly her age and was chatting her up.

The slight worse one is that I'm her slightly strange neighbour who has trouble speaking to people. (This is probably the truth!)

For those of you who have met me, or who saw me on TV, do I look like I could be school age, allowing scenario 1 to be true? Alternatively, do I look like a paedophile?

I haven't ever met you to my knowledge, but your posting style screams "paedo" to me.

I haven't ever met you to my knowledge, but your posting style screams "paedo" to me.

Cheers. It's all those photos of 10 year-olds that I post, isn't it.

My main concern was the fact that my second question was about her school. :lol:

Edited by craigkillie

Cheers. It's all those photos of 10 year-olds that I post, isn't it.

My main concern was the fact that my second question was about her school. :lol:

To determine whether you're a paedo or not;

Did you ask what class she'll be in at 2 O'Clock tomorrow?

*short silence*

*long silence*

Team : Kilmarnock

Think you have answered your own question there mate.