Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I'd never really heard much Twilight Sad until I got tickets for this gig but I really enjoyed their set, although I missed the start.

Agree that the vocals were a bit ropey at the start, think that might've been sound issues. Once she got through that they were fine and I thought it was a great gig. Enjoyed Afterglow and Gun.

Every hipster in Glasgow was there I think.

Like you I was thoroughly impressed by Twilight Sad. Hadn't heard any of there stuff before Saturday night but will be checking out there back catalogue. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Chvrches were excellent although I had seen them at the tail end of last year in Dundee so knew what to expect.

The night ended on a bit of a downer. Lost my 3 day old Galaxy S6. To say I was utterly seething would be an understatement!

Edited by MuckleMoo

Like you I was thoroughly impressed by Twilight Sad. Hadn't heard any of there stuff before Saturday night but will be checking out there back catalogue. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Their first album Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters is tremendous as is their most recent Nobody Wants To Be Here & Nobody Wants To Leave.

All their albums are good but Id say those two are the best places to start.

No Cold Days From The Birdhouse or That Summer, At Home I Had Become The Invisible Boy on the set list? Raging.

Edit: This show with the Royal National Scottish Orchestra is magic.

Edited by capt_oats

Their first album Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters is tremendous as is their most recent Nobody Wants To Be Here & Nobody Wants To Leave.

All their albums are good but Id say those two are the best places to start.

No Cold Days From The Birdhouse or That Summer, At Home I Had Become The Invisible Boy on the set list? Raging.

Edit: This show with the Royal National Scottish Orchestra is magic.

Cheers. Will check it out when I get home on my shitty Galaxy S3!

Wolfmother tomorrow at the Academy then Sam Outlaw on Thursday, Basia Bulat on Friday and The Bellrays on Sunday.

Particularly looking forward to Sam Outlaw. His album is fantastic and I like the Admiral as a venue so it should be a great gig.

Reading this thread makes me so frustrated to be stuck up in bloody Aberdeen. Moving to Glasgow in a few months so expect me to start posting more regularly then! 

Bought tickets to the Mystery Jets in Edinburgh on hearing their latest single Bubblegum and absolutely loving it. I like the Liquid Rooms as a venue as well, seen Enter Shikari there and it was insane. Different vibe but should still be good. Its not til October too.