Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Wolfmother tomorrow at the Academy then Sam Outlaw on Thursday, Basia Bulat on Friday and The Bellrays on Sunday.

Particularly looking forward to Sam Outlaw. His album is fantastic and I like the Admiral as a venue so it should be a great gig.

Thoroughly enjoyed Sam Outlaw on Thursday, great songs and "banter"

Got tickets for Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Rós, and Mogwai at the Edinburgh International Festival. Giddy.

Chinstroketastic. Ive seen all three and Mogwai are definitely the best live out the three.

Thoroughly enjoyed Sam Outlaw on Thursday, great songs and "banter"

He's quite the showman, while still being self deprecating. I was very impressed, even if his show basically is his album in its entirety.

I ended up missing it because I got hammered at my brother's bands gig the same night, when I had planned to go to both. Annoyed at myself for not going.

Basia Bulat was one of the best gigs I've seen this year at Broadcast on Friday night. Good Advice really is a phenomenal record.

Enjoyed Explosions in the Sky at the Barrowlands on Tue. Thought the stuff from the new album fitted in well. Good spread of tracks from across their albums, was really happy they played With Tired Minds... it's one of my favourites and I hadn't heard them do it before. Big crowd, some annoyingly chatty folk near the edges but was pretty quiet in the middle where I was.

Has anyone been to see the Australian Pink Floyd? Thinking of getting a couple of tickets for me and my old man but they're fairly expensive. 

I saw them at the Armadillo a few years ago.  If your old man is into Floyd then it'll be money well spent.  They're excellent.

Has anyone been to see the Australian Pink Floyd? Thinking of getting a couple of tickets for me and my old man but they're fairly expensive. 

Saw them once in Liverpool and they were great. Ticket prices are a bit ridiculous for a tribute act, but they do put on a big show as well so if you/your old man are fans then they're worth seeing at least once.

I've seen Brit Floyd a few times and they've been outstanding.

The Aussie version are supposed to be just as good.