Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Depeche Mode at Twickenham. Superb as always and great set. Young Fathers were the support and were very good. Having never been before, I was impressed with Twickenham. However, the logistics around entry and trying to get back to London after the gig were not good at all.

20 hours ago, Dalrymple76 said:

Depeche Mode at Twickenham. Superb as always and great set. Young Fathers were the support and were very good. Having never been before, I was impressed with Twickenham. However, the logistics around entry and trying to get back to London after the gig were not good at all.

I’m off to see them in Berlin in a fortnight, cannot wait.

Bella White at the Glad Cafe last night. It was uncomfortably hot in the venue, but the temperature was raised even further by the red hot talent of the young Canadian singer songwriter. Warm and charming on stage. Her lonesome prairie vocals and able backing by fiddle and bass were excellent. A supremely talented artist who deserves all the success in the world. Brilliant gig.

Peter Gabriel at the Hydro tomorrow. A bit concerned that the setlist contains many songs from his new unreleased album although some have been released over recent months in various mixes on youtube and not that impressed by them. 

On 18/06/2023 at 21:32, ClathyDave said:

Missus surprised me with some tickets to see Zac Brown Band in Columbus in a fortnights time. One of my favourite bands, so really looking forward to it 🍻 

Absolutely love the Zac Brown Band. His ‘side project’ and the resulting album ‘Sir Rosevelt’ is great too.

Edited by pozbaird

9 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I have golden circle tickets for gnr at Bellahouston. What’s the script? I assume you can go in and out of the main arena rather than the GC being self-contained with own bars etc? 

Not sure but also have golden circle tickets

17 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I have golden circle tickets for gnr at Bellahouston. What’s the script? I assume you can go in and out of the main arena rather than the GC being self-contained with own bars etc? 

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

Not sure but also have golden circle tickets

Here's the site map. Looks like using the bars, toilets in the main arena. From experience, you can go in and out of the gold circle as often as you like with the wristband. I'm also in there on Tuesday.

Screenshot_20230622_161505_Drive.jpg

Peter Gabriel at the Hydro tonight. About a 50/50 mix of new songs and classics. Finished with Solsbury Hill, In Your Eyes, and of course Biko. Brilliant as ever. One of those artists I would always go to see. Pity he only tours once a decade (at least it seems that rare).

Anyone have any recommendations for parking around Bellahouston? I'm going to see Muse tomorrow night, I've not been to a gig there before. Any input welcome. 

Even what entrance to position towards?

1 minute ago, Estragon said:

Anyone have any recommendations for parking around Bellahouston? I'm going to see Muse tomorrow night, I've not been to a gig there before. Any input welcome. 

Even what entrance to position towards?

When I went last year police/stewards blocked off alot of streets nearby,  Not sure if they did that in once they considered them full or if they automatically did so for a certain radius before they expected the majority of traffic to come.   Like any major event I guess expect to be stuck in traffic after but it was fairly well controlled and everything cleared away quickly enough.  Didn't see anything that would suggest its worth giving rangers money to use their car park if that's still being run.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

When I went last year police/stewards blocked off alot of streets nearby,  Not sure if they did that in once they considered them full or if they automatically did so for a certain radius before they expected the majority of traffic to come.   Like any major event I guess expect to be stuck in traffic after but it was fairly well controlled and everything cleared away quickly enough.  Didn't see anything that would suggest its worth giving rangers money to use their car park if that's still being run.

Was thinking somewhere around Mosspark? Do you recall what end of the park it was on in?

12 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Was thinking somewhere around Mosspark? Do you recall what end of the park it was on in?

IIRC its basically right in the middle,  where the pope podium is marked on google maps.  We came from the east so maybe slightly different but ended up about a mile away before parking was available,  I'd guess it would be the same regardless of direction tho.  As I say it seemed fairly well managed and I didn't end up driving round hunting for a space,  just took what was available where stewards had allowed parking, so fairly simple just a small walk to get in and the expected traffic to get out.