Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Maximo Park were absolutely sensational last night, top drawer stuff! I'll definitely be back to see them. As for the next gig for me, I'd like to go and see SLF at the Grand Hall in Killie since it's only 10 minutes away from my house but I think I might need to give it a miss with my family and friends having so many birthdays around this time. Besides, I reckon I've a fairly decent chance of catching them locally within the next 2 years anyway.

Maximo Park were absolutely sensational last night, top drawer stuff! I'll definitely be back to see them.

They were good but the start was marred by the fact that they had to. come on so early to make way for the abc club night. The hall was still filling up when they started and the atmosphere was very flat. Conversely, the encore was absolutely sensational.

Going to see Feeder in Manchester in 2 weeks....been all over to see them loads of times but it's been a while now.

Tried for Glasgow tickets at the time and they seemed to be sold out but went and looked last week and they were available!!

Oh well....good weekend away and might go to City v Villa on the saturday. Staying at Lancashire cricket club hotel again....can't wait...

Only been to one gig this year, shamefully. It was Yellowcard supported by We Are The In Crowd and The Wonder Years. Awesome gig. The Wonder Years were mind-blowingly good.

Only been to one gig this year, shamefully. It was Yellowcard supported by We Are The In Crowd and The Wonder Years. Awesome gig. The Wonder Years were mind-blowingly good.

TWY are incredibly catchy. Pity I didn't go. Was at Less Than Jake on Wednesday night. Still my favourite band, they're incredible live. Probably the smallest crowd i've seen at the Barras though. Might have something to do with Celtic playing up the road.

Next up is Frank Turner in Inverness on the 11th Dec, wouldn't normally make the journey but he's playing without his backing band so it will be much better :)

Ty Segall on Friday night was absolutely immense. Broadcast (new venue on Sauchiehall St) is an absolutely tiny basement venue. Found ourselves at the front with crowd surfing going on all around and above and generally being pushed every which way. Clothes were ringing with sweat afterwards but wow, what a gig.

Alabama Shakes at the Barrowland last night. Outstanding gig.

A good mix of age and all shapes and sizes in attendance, but each and every person who was there lapped it up and rocked along. What a stage presence Britanny has....and what a voice! FFS, it was absolutely jaw-dropping.

Brilliant live gig :)