Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to see Klaxons last night. Venue got downgraded from the big ABC to the ABC2 and even then it wasn't full, but the band looked like they were loving it and it was great. Shame that this is their last UK tour.

Got Future Islands at ABC next week which should be amazing, then John Grant, Morrissey and The Twilight Sad before the end of the year. Might sneak in The Bootleg Beatles as well.

Will need to get myself a ticket for Justin Townes Earle at Celtic Connections. Always amazing live.

Not long in from Johnny Marr, his album sounds a lot better live than on the record. The Smiths songs were great and Getting Away With It went down a storm.

Put on a cracking show from start to finish. I went with my girlfriends nephew as he's just starting to find his own taste and asked me to go.

Marr is quite possibly the smallest man I've ever seen.

I absolutely loved it. Brilliant to see him live, he's probably my favourite guitarist ever. Brilliant to see songs like The Headmaster Ritual get played - Getting Away With It was my highlight, even if he did get a bit angry at his guitar (tech).

Not long in from Johnny Marr, his album sounds a lot better live than on the record. The Smiths songs were great and Getting Away With It went down a storm.

Put on a cracking show from start to finish. I went with my girlfriends nephew as he's just starting to find his own taste and asked me to go.

Marr is quite possibly the smallest man I've ever seen.

Brilliant gig the man just oozes class and was clearly enjoying himself as much as the crowd. Managed to meet him afterwards as my friends daughter wanted a pic with him, he spent ages chatting, signing autographs and getting pics took with fans. A totally genuine guy who even started conversations with fans about what music they were into/where they were from etc. Friends daughter went away over the moon after he pulled a plectrum out his pocket for her after hearing she is learning guitar and trying to play Smiths songs.

Getting away with it was my highlight of the gig.

Van Morrison at Royal Concert Hall as part of Celtic Connections in January, hope he plays a fair share of the better known songs and doesn't take a strop as I've talked the wife into going and she ain't a fan!

Saw the Courteeners on Saturday at the Barras, I thought they were superb (apart from the cunty Oasis/Stone Roses fans) until I saw Chvrches last night, who completely blew them out the water. Tether and Gun were absolute show-stoppers, and their new song "Get Away" sounds fantastic live.