Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Get pissed before you get in mate. If it's one of those Magners summer nights things the drink selection is terrible and ridiculously overpriced. (I hope you don't smoke as you have to go outside and stand on the road to have a cigarette.)

Take a good rain coat too as there's no shelter!

It's not Magners that do it anymore it's Moretti, it was £4 a beer and I think there are two smoking areas within the perimeter fencing to the side of the bars.

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Nasty......The Garage ,24th October...

My 17yr daughter wants tickets for her and a couple of friends.....am I a bad dad for saying Nae chance!

Give the video a few minutes to get going

Is that the cctv from Falkirk Grahamston?

Nasty......The Garage ,24th October...

My 17yr daughter wants tickets for her and a couple of friends.....am I a bad dad for saying Nae chance!

Give the video a few minutes to get going

That place must have one helluva midgie infestation.

Jason Isbell tomorrow night.

Means driving through to Edinburgh, but at least I have Tuesday off to recover. Never been in Liquid Rooms so no idea what the venue is like. Hopefully I'll get parked near by.

Can't find anything about the support act. Well be at the venue early so I'll get to see them. Just like knowing in advance who it is if I can. 

Edited by BallochSonsFan

13 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Means driving through to Edinburgh, but at least I have Tuesday off to recover. Never been in Liquid Rooms so no idea what the venue is like. Hopefully I'll get parked near by.

Can't find anything about the support act. Well be at the venue early so I'll get to see them. Just like knowing in advance who it is if I can. 

I'm going to this as well, and also have no idea of who the support is. Heard nothing but good things about his show last night so very much looking forward to it.

Liquid Rooms can be quite hit or miss, but every time I've seen an Americana/country act in there, its been great.

I'm going to this as well, and also have no idea of who the support is. Heard nothing but good things about his show last night so very much looking forward to it.

Liquid Rooms can be quite hit or miss, but every time I've seen an Americana/country act in there, its been great.

The support for this is Billy Jeffrey Jnr.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Looks like Good Charlotte shifted a lot of downstairs tickets in the end. Quite a mixed crowd too. Much different from 12 years ago in the same venue.

I went along to the Academy to see Big Boi a few years ago. They ended up moving it from the main room to the bar. Must only have been a couple of hundred there at best. Was actually a really good show, though I'm sure mortifying for all concerned on the promoter side of things.

Didn't even know there was a smaller room in there. Ended up being an outrageous trip down memory lane. They've got a terrific live sound. Forgot how good they were. The new stuff was good actually but the oldies were amazing fun. Buzzing on the way home.

Had a rare time at Good Charlotte tonight. Academy's sound was brutal as per usual but still very much enjoyed myself. Great mix of new and old.

Very excited to see Wolf Alice & FOB on Saturday. Biffy will smash it as always I'm sure.

Had a rare time at Good Charlotte tonight. Academy's sound was brutal as per usual but still very much enjoyed myself. Great mix of new and old.

They've overcome that sound more than once. They're a great live band and can overcome it easily.

Was gutted when Mikey Way didn't do an MCR song with them.

They've overcome that sound more than once. They're a great live band and can overcome it easily.

Was gutted when Mikey Way didn't do an MCR song with them.

Definitely!

As soon as they said that I was crossing my fingers but not surprised it didn't happen haha. Also kept thinking Simon Neil might just pop out and perform Reason To Stay with them.

Couple of people I spoke to were disappointed with the lack of Cardiology in the set. Truth be told I've never given it a proper listen so I was pretty happy to see it being neglected in favour of more tunes from The Young And Hopeless.