Gigs

pilsner_ffc

John Maus tonight. His new album is pretty poor, and I’m a bit annoyed it’s been moved from the CCA to The Art School, but it’s just nice to get out the house sometimes.

I think the CCA might be my least favourite venue in Glasgow, terrible view and the bars miles away. It's been at least 10 years since i was at the Art School but don't remember it being that bad.

Royal Blood were absolutely superb last night.
At The Drive-In sounded quite poor until their last couple of songs, don’t know if there was some sound issues.

One thing I have noticed about the Hydro, it’s excellent for sound quality but it really detracts from the crowd interaction and noise.

Off to Kasabian tonight as well. Haven't really listened to Slaves much, so I'm interested in seeing if they're any good.

I've also got Shed Seven next week and Gogol Bordello a fortnight after that. Quite a promising few weeks, all in all.

I think the CCA might be my least favourite venue in Glasgow, terrible view and the bars miles away. It's been at least 10 years since i was at the Art School but don't remember it being that bad.

Aside from the bar being miles away (which is annoying), the sound in the CCA has always been excellent, although I’ve only ever really saw quieter/country acts in there so no idea how it holds up with noise. The sound in the Art School has been abysmal every time I’ve been in it this year (about 5 or 6 times, including last night).

Walked out of John Maus after 40 minutes, could’ve done sooner. Utter shite.