Arnold Clark Horror Stories

Pretty much. Although my experience of Kirkcaldy was excellent. They phoned me up and did a free service and replaced some parts under warranty. Car was picked up from my house, given courtesy car, car valeted and dropped back off.

Its really a lottery if you don't know the branch.

On 24/08/2015 at 16:30, Shandon Par said:

I got a car (Fiat 500) for an employee on a lease deal from AC on Gorgie Rd (now closed) once. They must've forgotten to do the paperwork properly as after a few months my missus/finance minister asked how/when I was paying for it.

I thought about keeping quiet but figured someone might eventually notice that they'd given me a free car. After four months not paying a penny I emailed Fiat directly and thanked them for their kind use of the car and suggested that I really should give them some money for it.

It's a bit late to reply but this enrages me. You fucking idiot.

P.S. I now see it was a company lease which makes your actions more understandable. Carry on.

Edited by welshbairn

Stuck up for them on this thread after having good experiences locally.
Before x-mas I bought a car from Edinburgh from them, was promised everything would be ready. I even phoned the manager to check before swapping over insurance. Day before, told it wasnt ready and then went through the next day and found another obvious fault. Then was left without a car for three days while they fixed it telling me each day it would be ready.
Dont buy any car from them before checking everything over and going to see it in person. Ultimately I got a good car but ffs what a fucking mess of a branch that is. When buying the car the saleman was called away to a meeting. What the actual f**k?

Why the f**k would you buy a car from anyone, anywhere, without seeing it in person first?

Stuck up for them on this thread after having good experiences locally.
Before x-mas I bought a car from Edinburgh from them, was promised everything would be ready. I even phoned the manager to check before swapping over insurance. Day before, told it wasnt ready and then went through the next day and found another obvious fault. Then was left without a car for three days while they fixed it telling me each day it would be ready.
Dont buy any car from them before checking everything over and going to see it in person. Ultimately I got a good car but ffs what a fucking mess of a branch that is. When buying the car the saleman was called away to a meeting. What the actual f**k?

I'm exactly the opposite. I was part of the "never buy from Arnold Clark" club but I bought a Golf from them back in July and both the car and the service have been superb.

I work in the accident repair side of things and I have to say that Sir Arnold our Lord and saviour is a wonderful man to work for.

That should keep me in a job when the social media team are lurking

From what I've heard from a former employee is that his mental capacity is long gone. This fella worked for them about six years ago so can't imagine Mr Clark is anymore with it these days.

From what I've heard from a former employee is that his mental capacity is long gone. This fella worked for them about six years ago so can't imagine Mr Clark is anymore with it these days.

Aye he's getting on a bit now. Eddie Hawthorne runs the company now and Sir Arnold doesn't go around visiting branches like he was always known to do. By all accounts he's actually a great and friendly guy.

Wouldn't ever buy from Arnold Clark ever again. A mate of mine just bought a new car for him and his missus. After getting it home he could hear a rattling noise. Took it to the garage next to his work and got them to look over it. Apparently it was clear it had been in an accident and hadn't been repaired properly! Needless to say it was taken back and a refund was forthcoming! Absolute joke! If that had been a less clued up person their life could have been at risk. Bunch of c***s the lot of them. Iv had previous poor experiences and would never go back to them

I have had good experiences buying from a few different sites but I will never go near the sitehill, Edinburgh one again after the guy tried to force the wife into buying a new car when I was off looking at something else.

Best one was in Kirkcaldy, granted she was foxy and I would have bought one without an engine from her [emoji7]

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pretty much. Although my experience of Kirkcaldy was excellent. They phoned me up and did a free service and replaced some parts under warranty. Car was picked up from my house, given courtesy car, car valeted and dropped back off.

Its really a lottery if you don't know the branch.

Kirkcaldy Fiat are a bit of a joke, last year when we bought the wife a brand new Panda they registered the wrong car. It wasn't the matter of just one letter out but the only thing they got right was the 65. They eventually realised what they done and they told us that we had to go back to them immediately and pay for new plates to be made and to change the insurance details and the corresponding admin charge would be our responsibility! We left it a few days until they got a bit desperate as the customer for the other car was waiting to pick theirs up. They did come to the house to change plates. It still wanted us to pay for the new plates and wouldn't reimburse us for the insurance change. Eventually they relented and offered to sort it out with no cost to us. Should never have happened but decent customer service should have kicked in once the mistake had been discovered.