Unpopular opinions.

58 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'd imagine there will be a few wrong 'uns on here who wear them,  but crocs are an absolutely hideous piece of footwear.

They've recently "come back" for some reason. They were frequently worn on the wards despite such footwear being against NHS policy.

Absolutely horrid things.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'd imagine there will be a few wrong 'uns on here who wear them,  but crocs are an absolutely hideous piece of footwear.

This is not me btw

fetchimage.jpeg

5 hours ago, philpy said:

I'd rather cut my feet off and eat them than be seen in a pair of Crocs but they are supposedly very comfortable. My female is talking about getting a pair as she works in care and is on her feet all day. As long as she leaves them at work them fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd rather cut my feet off and eat them than be seen in a pair of Crocs but they are supposedly very comfortable. My female is talking about getting a pair as she works in care and is on her feet all day. As long as she leaves them at work them fair enough.

Tell her to buy on clouds and get back in the kitchen.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

A few of my colleagues wear them and have said the are comfy (we're all carers). They're not for me though.

On 14/06/2023 at 08:14, throbber said:

Also Alex Scott favours the flatter shoe so it’s not a debate worth having.

Plays for both teams IIRC. She dated her teammate Kelly Smith and also the guy who plays Adam Barlow in corrie

9 hours ago, philpy said:

Horrible, and they are comfortable. However, for someone with neuropathy, something protective for the feet is crucial inside the home, and Crocs (or a generic equivalent) do the job very well. I’ll live with the shame of wearing Crocs if it means my feet won’t rot off.

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Horrible, and they are comfortable. However, for someone with neuropathy, something protective for the feet is crucial inside the home, and Crocs (or a generic equivalent) do the job very well. I’ll live with the shame of wearing Crocs if it means my feet won’t rot off.

Diabetic neuropathy?

6 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Would still taste better than a fish supper round these parts.

On 20/07/2023 at 08:58, ICTChris said:

I was on holiday last week and we visited an old fashioned seaside resort in the North of England.  I got fish and chips because that's what these places are famous for and it while it was nicely cooked and there was nothing 'wrong' with it, it made me feel ill for the next day.  Just that volume of fried food isn't something I can really cope with anymore.  Honestly have no idea how people eat like that all the time.

The place on the main esplanade in Scarborough South Bay is absolutely crazy. They do three different sizes of Fish and Chips. The smallest is about the size of a typical supper you get in a chip shop here, but it gets more complicated than that. You get a mandatory side with it, either peas, saveloy, fritters or something, then it comes with a roll/bread, and then your choice of salt/vinegar etc. By the time you are finished it's enormous. 

We stupidly ordered the 'regular', which is the same thing but a larger portion of fish and chips, but still with the sides/rolls and so on. It was only £5, no far off the size of a typical pizza box, and I'm a big eater but couldn't get anywhere near finishing it. Missus opened hers and nearly burst into tears.

Family of salad-dodgers in front of us ordered 7x 'Large'. 

The seagulls at that particular point of the drag are the size of Pterodactyls.

Edited by Boo Khaki

15 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The place on the main esplanade in Scarborough South Bay is absolutely crazy. They do three different sizes of Fish and Chips. The smallest is about the size of a typical supper you get in a chip shop here, but it gets more complicated than that. You get a mandatory side with it, either peas, saveloy, fritters or something, then it comes with a roll/bread, and then your choice of salt/vinegar etc. By the time you are finished it's enormous. 

We stupidly ordered the 'regular', which is the same thing but a larger portion of fish and chips, but still with the sides/rolls and so on. It was only £5, no far off the size of a typical pizza box, and I'm a big eater but couldn't get anywhere near finishing it. Missus opened hers and nearly burst into tears.

Family of salad-dodgers in front of us ordered 7x 'Large'. 

The seagulls at that particular point of the drag are the size of Pterodactyls.

Can see why that tipped you over the edge.

I've only been to Newcastle (on tyne) once and was baffled by the chip shop geordie lass barking "ba'uh?" at me when serving my chips. 

A local, non native resident kindly translated for me. It meant "as an accompaniment to your large and greasy portion of chips, would you like some bits of the old surplus batter that we've scooped out of the fryer?" 

Disgusting. 

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I've only been to Newcastle (on tyne) once and was baffled by the chip shop geordie lass barking "ba'uh?" at me when serving my chips. 

A local, non native resident kindly translated for me. It meant "as an accompaniment to your large and greasy portion of chips, would you like some bits of the old surplus batter that we've scooped out of the fryer?" 

Disgusting. 

Only heard that refered to as scraps.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Disgusting. 

I've put on half a kilo just reading that.