Unpopular opinions.

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

Which football?

Take your pick. My favourite is South Shields, but there's about 20 non league teams in easy travelling distance and another 20 odd that need a bit more effort, Morpeth, Blyth etc.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Take your pick. My favourite is South Shields, but there's about 20 non league teams in easy travelling distance and another 20 odd that need a bit more effort, Morpeth, Blyth etc.

I admire your indefatigability. The last time I was in that neck of the woods I hung about St James Park with my son looking for tickets to tick off a ground. Nothing doing. Headed south to take in Darlington v Boston United instead. 2,000 fans in a 30,000 seated stadium - soul destroying, worse than watching Queen's Park away at Hampden with the horrible stewards.

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

I admire your indefatigability. The last time I was in that neck of the woods I hung about St James Park with my son looking for tickets to tick off a ground. Nothing doing. Headed south to take in Darlington v Boston United instead. 2,000 fans in a 30,000 seated stadium - soul destroying, worse than watching Queen's Park away at Hampden with the horrible stewards.

I think Darlington will be a better day out, now they've moved. I only went to United once, when they played non-league Luton in the cup and it was very cheap to get in. 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Very much this. Within easy travel distance of Newcastle you've got numerous clubs to visit. A great place to base yourself for a weekend, get to some good boozers and head out for a game in the National League/North/Northern League.

If anything, the Benidormish reputation makes Newcastle under-rated. It's got to be among the best places in the UK for a fitba-watcher.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Aberdeen is a great city and a wonderful place to live. 

Some of the best people I know are aberdonians. Their reputation for dourness is undeserved.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sorry peasants, you've made me break a golden rule and use the red dot button.

Fill your boots, I've had my notifications switched off ever since Princess-Diana-Swallows-Spunk-Gate. 

Finn Russell is massively overrated. One bit of brilliance every ten games or so from the 'mercurial' player isn't good enough to earn all the acclaim he receives. 

53 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Finn Russell is massively overrated. One bit of brilliance every ten games or so from the 'mercurial' player isn't good enough to earn all the acclaim he receives. 

Rugbys James McFadden 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fill your boots, I've had my notifications switched off ever since Princess-Diana-Swallows-Spunk-Gate. 

Still?

Are you now positing that the Queen of Hearts is performing said ministrations in Hell, you Britain-hating monster?

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Still?

Are you now positing that the Queen of Hearts is performing said ministrations in Hell, you Britain-hating monster?

Aye, I dare say there are staunch believers on here red dotting me furiously because I suggested that gentlemen of the upper classes spurted their curd down the royal oesophagus.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Aye, I dare say there are staunch believers on here red dotting me furiously because I suggested that gentlemen of the upper classes spurted their curd down the royal oesophagus.

The oddest thing is that she likely wouldn't have been offended at all, considering the way the royals talk to each other when they think nobody's listening.